Fossil ID

Maygar

Have been doing some fossil exploration in Oklahoma and found the following. Would welcome any help in the ID. Thank you. 

IMG_3573.jpg

IMG_3573.jpg

IMG_3574.jpg

IMG_3575.jpg

IMG_3576.jpg

IMG_3576.jpg

IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3581.jpg

Part of an ammonite whorl. Not sure if a species can be determined, it’s pretty worn. Do you know what age it is?

• I found this Informative 4

2 hours ago, connorp said:

Part of an ammonite whorl. Not sure if a species can be determined, it’s pretty worn. Do you know what age it is?

+1 for part of ammonite whorl.

They are called "Katzenpfötchen" (Cat Paws) in German...

• I found this Informative 1

Thank you. On the second to last picture that shows the 3 protrusions/nodules -- what might those be? Interesting... 

The protrusions are exactly that. Protrusions within the living chamber that probably followed the body contours of the organism.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

7 hours ago, Maygar said:

Thank you. On the second to last picture that shows the 3 protrusions/nodules -- what might those be? Interesting... 

You have to think 3-dimensionally. The protrusions are parts of the septal wall where they anchored to the shell, which in your case has dissolved away completely. What you have there is a so-called steinkern, or internal cast of part of the original creature, formed by the hardened sediment which filled it after death, .

• I found this Informative 1

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Great -- think you kindly. And I have another item of interest... I am on a steep learning curve and fun will I do social distancing and explore. IMG_3602.jpg.7ba0addda7611266080221bea629ab22.jpg