Joebiwan3

This next tooth im posting is another one from the Hell Creek Formation. It was found in the Tooth Draw Quarry in Butte County South Dakota.

Its CH is 14.5 mm

CL is 5.5 mm

Its got a round base

I wish i could give you a serration count but there arent any so this may be a tough one. Paronychodon maybe? Give it your best guess!

@Troodon

20200510_000527.jpg

20200510_000502.jpg

20200510_000356.jpg

I would lean toward this being "cf Richardoestesia".  It should have some very fine serrations guessing they are worn.  Can you see any under a scope.

• I found this Informative 1

1 hour ago, Troodon said:

I would lean toward this being "cf Richardoestesia".  It should have some very fine serrations guessing they are worn.  Can you see any under a scope.

Do you think this could be from something we have not discovered as of yet? 

If this came from TD, it should have a positive ID as well as a specimen log # unless it was stolen.  No way that Walter would have let this go without cataloging.

PS- thats not a round base, its oval.  

ETA- I'm going to make a tentative guess that this is nanotyrannus with worn serrations, but dont take that as gospel.  

"There is no shortage of fossils. There is only a shortage of paleontologists to study them." - Larry Martin

2 hours ago, hadrosauridae said:

If this came from TD, it should have a positive ID as well as a specimen log # unless it was stolen.  No way that Walter would have let this go without cataloging.

PS- thats not a round base, its oval.  

ETA- I'm going to make a tentative guess that this is nanotyrannus with worn serrations, but dont take that as gospel.  

This tooth has been catalogued  in the database. I just want to see what everyone says before i state what it was listed as. Walter is great. His work is fantastic.

hard tooth to ID, the only thing suggesting Paronychodon type would be that one side is more flattish, judging from the cross section, but the typical ridges are absent - or maybe a hint in your first image? hard to tell.
for now I would go with Troodon, possibly cf. Richardoestesia with very worn down distal serrations.

• I found this Informative 2