Small hadrosaur jaw section

FF7_Yuffie

From Hell Creek. Matches others online, but I will double check here to make sure. Would be a nice, cheap companion piece for my small hadrosaur teeth. 4 x 4 x 1.2.

Screenshot_20200608-161655_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200608-161420_Chrome.jpg

Yup looks like it. Though Ceratopsians also have quite similar grooves for teeth. And with such a small piece it's hard to see any other part of the jaw anatomy.

• I found this Informative 1

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

39 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

Yup looks like it. Though Ceratopsians also have quite similar grooves for teeth. And with such a small piece it's hard to see any other part of the jaw anatomy.

Cheers. I'll trust seller and get it bought. Even if later it turns out its Ceratops, I'll just display it with my ceratops fossils instead. It's a pretty cheap fossil.

Thanks

5 minutes ago, FF7_Yuffie said:

I'll trust seller

First rule of buying dinosaur fossils is do not trust seller identifications.  Get opinions from those who know dinosaur fossils and that's here on the forum.  Your experience here on the forum surely demonstrates how bad identifications can be.

• I found this Informative 3

14 minutes ago, Troodon said:

First rule of buying dinosaur fossils is do not trust seller identifications.  Get opinions from those who know dinosaur fossils and that's here on the forum.  Your experience here on the forum surely demonstrates how bad identifications can be.

True, I've seen alot of bad IDs. But, this fossil is very cheap. If it was expensive, I wouldnt bother but for its low price--even if later its ceratops, it still matches its low cost and can fit in with my ceratops collection instead.

Cheers :)

Not my point your comment "to trust the sellers ID"  trust what has been told to you by fellow members who know dinossurs