Manticocerasman

Summer vacation fossil hunting week.

bthemoose

That was fun to read, thanks! It’s such beautiful scenery and you made some great finds. I especially like the crustaceans and you did a great job with the heteromorph prep (and also with the ammonite above that one).

jcbshark

Great finds and awesome pics:thumbsu:

traveltip1

Fun trip.

fossisle

Wow great collecting trip, thanks for the photos

Paleoworld-101

Really cool! I didn't realise the Gault Clay was also present in France! I've collected from the U.K. exposures at Folkestone. It's an amazing deposit. 

Fossildude19

Great trip report and finds!

Thanks for posting, Kevin! :)

Jeffrey P

What an awesome vacation, Kevin. Amazing, gorgeous scenery, and incredible finds. I'm particularly impressed with those ammonites and crabs from the gault clay. Thanks for sharing. I wish we had beaches like that here. 

Manticocerasman
1 hour ago, Paleoworld-101 said:

Really cool! I didn't realise the Gault Clay was also present in France! I've collected from the U.K. exposures at Folkestone. It's an amazing deposit. 

The Gault Clay is not always exposed, most of the time it is coverd by sand, but from time to time the clay is exposed. But it has indeed been years since I last saw it exposed like this.

Familyroadtrip

That sounds so fun! That heteromorph ammonite is stunning! I love the crustaceans!!! How common are associated Ichthyosaur fossils in the U.K. and France, I’ve been dying too get some associated Ichthyosaur fossils, but I want to find some too?! Great finds, and thanks for the trip report!:envy:

Manticocerasman
20 minutes ago, Familyroadtrip said:

That sounds so fun! That heteromorph ammonite is stunning! I love the crustaceans!!! How common are associated Ichthyosaur fossils in the U.K. and France, I’ve been dying too get some associated Ichthyosaur fossils, but I want to find some too?! Great finds, and thanks for the trip report!:envy:

The Ichthyosaur fossils are far from common in France. associates fossils even rarer. But we have one piece with 4 associates verts that we found a few years ago. I think they are easyer to find in the UK

Familyroadtrip

Wow! How common are they in the U.K.? I want to find some so bad!

Manticocerasman
32 minutes ago, Familyroadtrip said:

Dont get me wrong, by “easyer to find” I Don’t know the situation in the Uk, I see a lot of Ichthyosaur material from the jurrasic coast on social media from there. But it will probably still be difficult to find, but your chances will be higher than in France. You will have to ask people familiar with that area.

Familyroadtrip

Ok, thank you for all the help!

FossilDAWG

Amazing finds! :wub: :wub: :wub: :drool:  Thanks for taking us along.

Don

Tidgy's Dad

Happy Holidays! 

What lovely pictures and terrific finds. 

The crustaceans are superb but I love the ammonites, too. :)

Ludwigia

Looks like you're having a great holiday! Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

Neanderthal Shaman

Lobster is stunning, congrats!

RuMert

The lobsters are fantastic! So as the crabs and the scenery

Paleoworld-101
12 hours ago, Familyroadtrip said:

I've been to the Jurassic Coast four times now (focusing on the stretch of beach between Lyme Regis and Charmouth), and i've found almost 20 ichthyosaur vertebrae, some articulated in sets of 2 and 3, as well as jaw fragments. That stretch of coast is one of the best places in the world to find an ichthyosaur bone, even if it's just a single vertebra. I'd definitely suggest you go there.

Monica
9 hours ago, RuMert said:

The lobsters are fantastic! So as the crabs and the scenery

:DittoSign:

:)

Familyroadtrip
11 hours ago, Paleoworld-101 said:

I've been to the Jurassic Coast four times now (focusing on the stretch of beach between Lyme Regis and Charmouth), and i've found almost 20 ichthyosaur vertebrae, some articulated in sets of 2 and 3, as well as jaw fragments. That stretch of coast is one of the best places in the world to find an ichthyosaur bone, even if it's just a single vertebra. I'd definitely suggest you go there.

Thank you, I want to find any, but I’m really interested in associated fossils!!! Is it ok if I pm you about it?

Paleoworld-101
10 hours ago, Familyroadtrip said:

Thank you, I want to find any, but I’m really interested in associated fossils!!! Is it ok if I pm you about it?

Sure that's no problem. Better we stop hijacking this thread anyway hahaha

FossilDAWG

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Don