Mioplosus_Lover24

One of the rarest and most unique fossils are aspiration pieces! I have been very lucky in acquiring 2 over the course of collecting, neither are incredibly good, but their rarity alone makes them that much more desirable! I would love to see anyone else's fish with eyes bigger than their stomachs! 

Mioplosus_Lover24

This is a Mioplosus that tried to swallow an unknown fish, (My guess Knightia) it comes from an unknown outcrop of the Greenriver formation, one that has only been collected for less than a year as the lack of preservation and lack of any large fish! I managed to score this when I bought a whole lot of fish from the outcrop discoverer! This makes this specimen much much rarer, but less desirable sadly... poor Mioplosus!

20200911_073526.thumb.jpg.a3a9bf9527e7ce318b265e7357476923.jpg

• I found this Informative 1
Mioplosus_Lover24

My 2nd aspiration comes from a main quarry I am not sure which one, but it again is a Mioplosus. I imagine the person who found it had no idea what they were looking at as it was listed as "Diplomystus" I quickly snatched it up in order to give it a good home of course! This Mioplosus got alot further in his meal than the other, with only the tail sticking out from the mouth and throat!

20200911_073552.thumb.jpg.a5a0a1253f9f56df692cf49c21eb03c6.jpg

20200911_073604.jpg.2618a0c12e1c0efa403b5a3567540a4c.jpg

• I found this Informative 1