Rockin' Ric

Hello all! The past four months have been quite the adventure. I was introduced to shark tooth hunting in my state and have to admit its quite addictive, especially if you have permission to visit sites and those sites produce. 

Most of my posts have been mostly plant and trace fossils from the Carboniferous Period but now I can add the Cretaceous Period to that list of fossil find posts. Now learning to name and identify shark, fish and other marine fossil that are found on site.

In this new quest I have been fortunate to join four hunting buddies who are knowledgeable in these matters. The research we all do, from studying the formations and and the potential areas in the state to contacting owners to gain access to properties in hope of finding the next sweet spots. Thank you to all the members of The Fossil Forum for peaking my interest in fossilized shark teeth hunting! 

Pictured are shark teeth belonging to Scapanorynchnus, Cretotoxrhina, Otodus and Sqaulicorax. The teeth placed in a circular pattern are teeth that are broken and will be place in a Mason jar for display and the teeth on side are teeth that aren't broken and will be displayed in frames. The Jasper native point was found while sifting for teeth and was quite the surprise!

20200910_071951.jpg

• I found this Informative 7

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS!

If history repeats itself, I'm SO getting a dinosaur. ~unknown

www.rockinric81.wixsite.com/fossils

• New Members

My fossil hunting buddy!! Ha this is one of the only people I trust to take to my honeyhole! Great man!