Drizzt0000

it appears juvenile since sutures are open on the sacrum, so that may account for the relatively small size.  Is it fossilized? Does it pass the burn test?

• I found this Informative 1

I hate inderterminate tests.  I would assume if the sacrum is recent than the leg bone must also be.  Still i have been thinking about where you are and your other bone fossil and feeling jealous.

River finds are almost never the same animal. So I'm sure both are from different animals. Maybe different species even. Again leg bone hardly has a smell when burnt.

Young modern deer is my take. It isn't really all that small for a deer.

The cortical bone in a leg would not be expected to contain as much collagen as an incompletely fused sacrum.

Lol tried the burn test on a known cretaceous fossil and even it has a smell like the leg so going with the leg is fossilized vert isn't. Probably will take it to Arkansas to a guy that runs a fossil store have him look at it

A fossil from there would be mineralized. Tap it lightly with a spoon. It will make a tone similar to table china if it's a fossil.

Tapped it with my fingernail makes a sound close to a plate. Don't have china so not sure there. Vert sounds like a thud like ...bone lol

getting it looked at in person is always good.  And i would also take your potenial pteradon wing fossil as well.  I dont know enough about bird like fossils except to expect hollow bones I would also want to consider the possibllity of it being rib

Yup already planned on having him look at it or sending him the pictures...probably won't get out there for a month or more

54 minutes ago, Drizzt0000 said:

Tapped it with my fingernail makes a sound close to a plate. Don't have china so not sure there. Vert sounds like a thud like ...bone lol

You have a metal fingernail, or a keratin spoon. :)

• I found this Informative 1