Bone fossil found on beach

BrianInNC

This is my first post to this site and I thank you beforehand for any help you can give me with the ID of this piece of bone. I have been vacationing on Little Gasparilla Island for the last years. I am fascinated with the shark's teeth and other things that wash up. I am a surgical PA having both worked in Neurosurgery and now spine with orthopedics. I found this on my most recent trip and recognized it as bone immediately. It is about 3x2x2". The top and bottom appear to be cortical bone and the middle cancellous bone. 

I ran it by a few surgeon friends and we came up with nada. 
IMG_6723.thumb.jpeg.ab3b3033d7e9cf55261b69d28c010797.jpeg

SMVT2817.thumb.jpeg.fa15f75e1d338d583d0cde9309d2aab2.jpeg

39 minutes ago, BrianInNC said:

The top and bottom appear to be cortical bone and the middle cancellous bone. 

Statistically speaking I think cetacean might have the odds, but you already have what can be said for certain.

Thank you, Rockwood. I am thankful for your insight. I am out of my depths in this area. I skipped comparative anatomy in my undergrad. My photos are too large to upload more. I am appreciative of people, like yourself, with the knowledge and the willingness to share that knowledge. 

my thought would be turtle, it is rather flat on both sides and has very large airy trabecular texture, and the line I see on one flat surface suggest turtle plastron suture line.

there is a lot of information about how to resize your photos, not being tech inclined I find that the camera on my phone after cropping the pictures using google photo,  gives me good photos for uploading on the forum,  when i used a better camera and a dedicated photo program they were too big to upload.

3 hours ago, BrianInNC said:

. My photos are too large to upload more

You can choose more files by responding to the post yourself.

I was wondering about the shell of a turtle for the same reasons as 10313Horn stated. Vertebrae would have cortical bone all around. Thank you both for your patience with my learning curve.

IMG_6728.jpeg