Fossilized River bones

austinswamp

Hello I found these bones maybe 15 feet at the bottom of a wall along the San Marcos River in Southeast/Central TX. This band in the river has produced Mastadon and equus fossils. Hoping for an identification. Thanks 

CADE0F69-774C-4613-9BA2-DED7590229BD.jpeg

56A94861-BF23-4032-BC02-F1ECC72B5969.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

If yo post a  pic of the end of the bone on the right, you’ll likely get an ID of horse metapodial also. I think you have the distal and proximal ends and they almost look like they could fit together 

• I found this Informative 4

10 hours ago, garyc said:

If yo post a  pic of the end of the bone on the right, you’ll likely get an ID of horse metapodial also. I think you have the distal and proximal ends and they almost look like they could fit together 

Is it unusual to find ice age deposits from different species all in the same area of river? The zone is a known peat bog, with artesian springs 

11 hours ago, garyc said:

E67A867E-CD18-4221-9A47-599871A71B7C.jpeg

DE76F5F5-F084-453F-9892-A076B7E04409.jpeg

16 hours ago, Kiros said:

Are you sure you can't attach the two pieces together because they both are horse metapodial but the two different epiphysis

I’m sure the other end to the more complete bone broke off in the clay