ID help: Judith River Formation Tyrannosaur tooth identification

Praefectus

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could help me identify this tyrannosaur tooth I recently added to my collection. It is said to be from the Judith River formation in North-Central Montana. Unfortunately, I don't have the county it came from. The tooth has the following measurements. Thanks for your help. 

CH = 40 mm

CWB = 10 mm

CBL = 16 mm

MC = 18 denticles/5 mm

DC = 14 denticles/5 mm

DSDI = 1.29

20201127_163008.thumb.jpg.25db6971226a59321b834a3d34f8221b.jpg

20201102_182131.thumb.jpg.0d8d6c1bbe908971d7ac40ddad3d05ed.jpg

20201127_163117.thumb.jpg.79717e94ff97f2f29c5bedf4950fd143.jpg

20201127_163137.jpg.a764e11458550ab082c2693e3eba6eaa.jpg

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 1

Beautiful tooth.  Without a more specific locality cannot definitely say much.   Preservation on the surface looks JRF.  If it is its a indeterminate Tyrannosaurid since none have been described from those deposits 

• I found this Informative 3

Thanks for the help. I thought there might have been a chance at a closer ID because of the Hendrickx et al 2019 paper. I'll label this one as Tyrannosaurid indet. for now. Hopefully something will get described in the near future. 

Let me add but  I dont think this is a mesial tooth.  And see final remark "depending on locality." 

From paper:

If your tooth is from a Mesial position in the jaw and your DSDI is >1.2 your tooth may be considered a Daspletosaurus or cf Daspletosaurus depending on the locality of where it was found.

• I found this Informative 2

This tooth would still be tyrannosaurid indet. even if it was mesial because there are not any tyrannosaurs described from Judith River fm., right? Curiously, do you have any idea which jaw position it came from? I don't know how to tell the different jaw positions apart. Thanks. 

• 11 months later...

I recently picked up a Juvenile Tyrannosaur premax tooth from The Judith River Formation of Hill County Montana and was wondering if there was any way of identifying it without any present serration.

54 minutes ago, Fossil Maniac said:

I recently picked up a Juvenile Tyrannosaur premax tooth from The Judith River Formation of Hill County Montana and was wondering if there was any way of identifying it without any present serration.

Post the tooth and will have a look.   Some premax teeth do not have serrations

On 11/28/2020 at 8:51 AM, Praefectus said:

This tooth would still be tyrannosaurid indet. even if it was mesial because there are not any tyrannosaurs described from Judith River fm., right? Curiously, do you have any idea which jaw position it came from? I don't know how to tell the different jaw positions apart. Thanks. 

I know you asked Frank but my guess is maxillary tooth near middle of jaw

• Thank You 1

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

• 2 months later...
On 11/18/2021 at 8:18 PM, Troodon said:

Post the tooth and will have a look.   Some premax teeth do not have serrations

Screenshot (12).png

Screenshot (13).png

@Fossil Maniac

In the future, always best post a separate topic. 

What size is it but it looks like an indeterminate tyrannosaurid premaxillary tooth.   You find them with and without serrations.  

11 hours ago, Troodon said:

@Fossil Maniac

In the future, always best post a separate topic. 

What size is it but it looks like an indeterminate tyrannosaurid premaxillary tooth.   You find them with and without serrations.  

It's only about 0.85 inch