1foolishcaribou

I tried to fix these pics with GIMP but this is the best I could get. Found at the Caney River in central N.E. Oklahoma It is at an angle and is concave, one half to two inches long. It is kind of leaf shaped with a series of raised bumps through the center.   Further to the right, reminds me of a tiny mud daubers nest which the wasps have grown and left.  Thank you. 

60237ace94a29_DSC00779(4g1p1)(2)RS.jpg.f301208cea83aa0867106fdb06efb9cd.jpg

6023792d75be5_DSC00779(4g1p2)(2)RS.jpg.6260420b79e6b480b75670f80653d1e8.jpg602379ba9513c_DSC00779(2g1).thumb.JPG.756df45fcbeafa852a19353169e5098e.JPG

Not a leaf at any rate, since deciduous trees didn't exist in the Pennsylvanian, as is also the case with wasps. We'd need better focussed and more detailed photos in order to be able to tell you more. Anything else is just guesswork at this stage.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

11 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Not a leaf at any rate, since deciduous trees didn't exist in the Pennsylvanian, as is also the case with wasps. We'd need better focussed and more detailed photos in order to be able to tell you more. Anything else is just guesswork at this stage.

Thank you. I understand about photo quality needing to be better. The digital camera does not focus completely at any distance and is useless for anything requiring some quality (it was a gift). I have an old 35 mm (Canon AE-1) that takes good pictures and uses film, however since the industries move to digital, the labs send film off to the major labs, Fuji and Kodak, and all the pictures come back GREEN. The stores tell me nothing can be done about it and to buy a new "digital like everyone else."

7 hours ago, 1foolishcaribou said:

I have an old 35 mm (Canon AE-1) that takes good pictures and uses film, however since the industries move to digital, the labs send film off to the major labs, Fuji and Kodak, and all the pictures come back GREEN. The stores tell me nothing can be done about it and to buy a new "digital like everyone else."

Ever thought about developing film etc. yourself? B/W is rather easy (and a very good option for fossils), color quite difficult. Question is also, where to get equipment and chemicals today? Don´t know if chemicals are still available in small amounts!
Franz Bernhard