NSR Crustacean and Maybe Jaw Bone Help

Planko

Hey Everyone,

Found these two today at the NSR, Delta County, Tx. I do believe I found my first crustacean but would like verification. Maybe species to have it mark correctly. Do I just soak it in clear elmers glue and water like the bones to help preserve it?

Second is a weird bone. I thought it might be paddle bone but I look and with my limited experience I do not think so. Great if it is, but if not, what is it?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

20210425_141451.jpg

20210425_141506.jpg

20210425_141520.jpg

20210425_141535.jpg

20210425_141544.jpg

20210425_141601.jpg

20210425_141612.jpg

20210425_141655.jpg

20210425_141704.jpg

20210425_141719.jpg

20210425_141731.jpg

• Enjoyed 1

I'm not sure about the bone, but the crustacean looks almost identical to a fragmented lobster I found in the red bed layer of one of the creeks feeding into the river several months ago. Based on the texture which looks pretty similar to yours I used the DPS guide to make an educated guess that it might be an Endoplyctia kinzeyi. I posted about it when I found it but didn't get any responses. I'll link it here so you can compare: 

Thanks for the response. I can see some resemblance. Surprised you didn't get any responses from that post. Really cool find. 

@Planko

It's harder to judge the bone from the angled images; but, I think the bone could be a mosasaur tibia...maybe Tylosaurine or Mosasaurine.

Both finds are exceptional!

• I found this Informative 2

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

7 hours ago, Plax said:

Maybe Linuparis 

Thanks for the response. I am still clueless. I look at the pictures of Linuparis and I do see some resemblance. 

6 hours ago, JohnJ said:

@Planko

It's harder to judge the bone from the angled images; but, I think the bone could be a mosasaur tibia...maybe Tylosaurine or Mosasaurine.

Both finds are exceptional!

5 hours ago, M Harvey said:

I think your bone is a mosasaur metatarsal. 

Well two bone guesses. I do have a tibia (a few broken) and a couple metatarsals. I will see if they compare. I know age and species vary but this looks more "thick and stout" then I remember mine looking like. 

I am just an armature though.

Thanks for the help.