Member of the Month for June, 2021 - fossilsonwheels.

Fossildude19

Ah! June has arrived! Warmer temperatures, and blue skies, mixed with unsettled weather, and thunderstorms. 

Spring has sprung, and Summer is just around the corner. 

With this ongoing march of time, we celebrate this month's winner of the MotM Crown: 

:yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:   fossilsonwheels   :yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1::yay-smiley-1:

Since 2019, Kurt and his son, Carter, have been building up a collection of shark and dinosaur fossils, and taking their "show on the road" as it were, 

enlightening the youth of their area about fossils, and showing off an impressive collection of fossils. Not only do they perform hands on education, but actually manage to gift their participants with fossils to start their own collections! 

These acts of public outreach are not only interesting, but inspiring to the youth of today - tomorrows' future adults!

Congratulations to Kurt and Carter, for their MotM win! It is well deserved! 

Thank you for your contributions, not only to the Forum, but to the education of today's youths. 

Care to share a few words with us about your journey to community outreach and the Forum @fossilsonwheels ?

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 5

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I think I still vaguely remember when you joined the forum back in 2019, it has been very interesting keeping up with your adventures.

The goal and work you do is certainly admirable and you have helped me learn a lot about certain fascinating fossils and formations, congratulations on this win, it is definitely well deserved!

• Enjoyed 1

Congratulations Kurt and Carter!

Edited by fossilhunter21
  • Enjoyed 1

Congratulations!

• Enjoyed 1

The more I learn, the more I find that I know nothing. 

Regards, 

Asher 

Congratulations you guys, I was not surprised at all when I saw this member of the month.

• Thank You 1

“If fossils are not "boggling" your mind then you are simply not doing it right” -Ken (digit)

"No fossil is garbage, it´s just not completely preserved” -Franz (FranzBernhard)

"With hammer in hand, the open horizon of time, and dear friends by my side, what can we not accomplish together?" -Kane (Kane)

"We are in a way conquering time, reuniting members of a long lost family" -Quincy (Opabinia Blues)

"I loved reading the trip reports, I loved the sharing, I loved the educational aspect, I loved the humor. It felt like home. It still does" -Mike (Pagurus)

“The best deal I ever got was getting accepted as a member on The Fossil Forum. Not only got an invaluable pool of knowledge, but gained a loving family as well.” -Doren (caldigger)

"it really is nice, to visit the oasis that is TFF" -Tim (fossildude19)

"Life's Good! -Adam (Tidgy's Dad)

Congratulations!

bowing.gif

• Thank You 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Congratulations-Well-Deserved.gif.85316bc10d13480b4c9a59e7eaff600c.gif

Keep up the good work!

• Thank You 1

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

Congratulations, and thanks for being such great ambassadors for our community! :yay-smiley-1:

Don

• Thank You 1
  • I Agree 1

Many congratulations!:meg:

• Thank You 1

"Argumentation cannot suffice for the discovery of new work, since the subtlety of Nature is greater many times than the subtlety of argument." - Carl Sagan

"I was born not knowing and have had only a little time to change that here and there." - Richard Feynman

Collections: Hell Creek Microsite | Hell Creek/Lance | Dinosaurs | Sharks | SquamatesPost Oak Creek | North Sulphur RiverLee Creek | Aguja | Permian | Devonian | Triassic | Harding Sandstone

Instagram: @thephysicist_tff

Congratulations. Well deserved! :default_clap2:

• Thank You 1

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

Fantastic! Lovely to see multi-generational outreach ... and for it to be recognized! :tiphat:

• Thank You 1

Hi,

Congrats both !

Coco

• Thank You 1

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Congratulations Kurt and Carter definitely well deserved for everything you've done here and with your traveling show.  Thanks

• Thank You 2

You've put in a lot of effort now you can enjoy modeling a crown for a month. ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

Wow. Pretty cool to be in the same company as others who’ve won. Quite an honor ! 

@Troodon is correct that it is Kurt not Keith but that actually fits what we do as we rarely use our names except when we introduce ourselves. We are just the Fossils on Wheels guys in a classroom lol 

My background was in field biology and science education but a few years ago a serious back injury forced a career change. I ended up at a small science museum, the Gateway Science Museum. Carter became a volunteer there and we started bringing some of small collection of shark teeth to the museum to teach people about sharks. We decided to start our own fossil education program because we thought we could do some good educational work in the community and FoW was born. 

We joined the forum and got so much help and had so much knowledge shared. We found a few teachers that were willing to give us a shot. Those teachers told other teachers and we were able to end up doing around 60 Ed programs in elementary schools throughout Northern California before Covid. 

I think the best part of it was giving fossils to people to spread the joy of fossils but also to share the spirit of giving that has been such a huge part of our TFF experience. We gave away over 3,000 bags of fossils, primarily to the kids. 

As a dad, it has been pure joy working with my oldest kid. It’s really about that as much as the fossils really. It was just fantastic father-son time. 

I don’t want to ramble on so I’ll end this by thanking everybody here for their support and friendship. We love being part of this place. Thank you all so much. 

• Enjoyed 11

16 minutes ago, fossilsonwheels said:

Wow. Pretty cool to be in the same company as others who’ve won. Quite an honor ! 

@Troodon is correct that it is Kurt not Keith but that actually fits what we do as we rarely use our names except when we introduce ourselves.

:duh2::duh2::duh2::duh2: :blush: :blush::blush::blush:  Sorry about that Kurt! It's been fixed. ;) 

• Thank You 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Congratulations to you both, Kurt and Carter! That's an amazing story, quite so as is the remarkable work you guys are doing. As Don said, you guys really are the ambassadors of our community and palaeontology as a whole. Very well-deserved! :tiphat::yay-smiley-1:

• Thank You 1

'There's nothing like millions of years of really frustrating trial and error to give a species moral fibre and, in some cases, backbone' -- Terry Pratchett

Congratulations  FoW. Carter and Kurt !!

• Thank You 1

' Keep calm and carry on fossiling '

On 6/1/2021 at 7:22 AM, Misha said:

I think I still vaguely remember when you joined the forum back in 2019, it has been very interesting keeping up with your adventures.

The goal and work you do is certainly admirable and you have helped me learn a lot about certain fascinating fossils and formations, congratulations on this win, it is definitely well deserved!

I vaguely remember when we joined too lol  Thank you for the kind words and support. 

On 6/1/2021 at 7:23 AM, fossilhunter21 said:

Congratulations Kurt and Carter!

Thank you ! 

On 6/1/2021 at 7:28 AM, Mainefossils said:

Congratulations!

Thank you 

On 6/1/2021 at 7:37 AM, Top Trilo said:

Congratulations you guys, I was not surprised at all when I saw this member of the month.

I was actually very surprised lol Thank you. 

On 6/1/2021 at 7:40 AM, JohnJ said:

Congratulations!

bowing.gif

Thank you. 

On 6/1/2021 at 7:41 AM, connorp said:

Congratulations! Well deserved.

Thank you Connor ! 

On 6/1/2021 at 7:50 AM, Pagurus said:

Congratulations-Well-Deserved.gif.85316bc10d13480b4c9a59e7eaff600c.gif

Keep up the good work!

Thank you and we will. 

• Enjoyed 1

On 6/1/2021 at 8:28 AM, Ludwigia said:

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! 'bout time!

Thank you !! 

On 6/1/2021 at 8:28 AM, FossilDAWG said:

Congratulations, and thanks for being such great ambassadors for our community! :yay-smiley-1:

Don

Thank you Don. We try our best to be good ambassadors. 

On 6/1/2021 at 8:31 AM, Tidgy&#x27;s Dad said:

Congrats.gif.9415b1c3533dd312bd785dc6e2bf6e8c.gif

Thank you ! Love seeing the tortoise lol I just read an article about the Fernandia Island Tortoise rediscovery. Fantastic. 

On 6/1/2021 at 9:17 AM, ThePhysicist said:

Many congratulations!:meg:

Thank you !