Newbie, where to go in Alabama/Mississippi /Tennessee

KJW

Hi, guys! I am new to the world of fossil hunting. I have done some fossil-hunting up in New Jersey at Big Brook preserve but live in northern Alabama. Can anybody point me to areas in Alabama, Eastern Mississippi, or South Central to Southwestern Tennessee? I need areas where you don't have to have a boat to get to them. What little fossil-hunting I've done is always been in creek beds or on beaches. I know my area of Alabama doesn't have shark teeth but I've heard that you can find them in the southern part of the state. I just can't find anything online giving me areas to look. Now that football season is getting ready to start, I'm going to be a "football widow" on weekends and would love to spend that time out hunting. Thank you! 

Harry means you should try using the search function of the forum using terms such as Alabama. There are many places in Northern Alabama to collect and many should be mentioned in the forum. When I lived in Georgia I would occasionally take a trip into Alabama to collect.

• I found this Informative 1