Spinosaurus Hand Bone

Frightmares

Seller has this listed as a Spinosaurus hand bone with some repairs, no resto.... just wanted to get some of your guys opinions on it. Do you think it's real? Does it look like there's any restoration?

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

s-l1600 (5).jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Its indeed a Spinosaurid carpal cannot say if it belongs Spinosaurus.   The bone has not been cleaned very well so it's hard to determine what work other than reattachment of breaks has been done or how well its preserved.

• I found this Informative 1
  • Enjoyed 1

1 hour ago, Troodon said:

Its indeed a Spinosaurid carpal cannot say if it belongs Spinosaurus.   The bone has not been cleaned very well so it's hard to determine what work other than reattachment of breaks has been done or how well its preserved.

1 hour ago, Frightmares said:

Seller has this listed as a Spinosaurus hand bone with some repairs, no resto.... just wanted to get some of your guys opinions on it. Do you think it's real? Does it look like there's any restoration?

Hiya, I'm the guy who's selling that. Good to know it's a carpal and not a phalange. Anything I can do to help out? pics/closeups of certain areas?

• Thank You 1

The photos provided are fine.  I really would need to hold an item like this to carefully examine it since its hard to see the bone with all the discoloration and matrix.

3 minutes ago, Troodon said:

The photos provided are fine.  I really would need to hold an item like this to carefully examine it since its hard to see the bone with all the discoloration and matrix.

Got it!