Unidentified jaw from morocco

Brevicollis

Hello, i saw this unidentified reptile jaw from morocco online today. Does anyone know to what it once belonged ?

The tooth socket is oval, and the jaw seems to have had a little lip which now had eroded away.

So Spinosaurus maybe ?

Screenshot_2024-03-09-08-07-55-182_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-09-08-08-39-555_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-09-08-06-53-128_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-09-08-07-40-897_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-09-08-06-40-104_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-09-08-07-23-206_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-09-08-08-08-570_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2024-03-09-08-06-26-131_com.ebay.mobile-edit.jpg

Are good signatures really that important ?

• 1 month later...

Looks like it was a bit overshadowed by something else, has someone an Idea ? Any help would be appreciated, even if you cant directly say what it is, you can try to steer it into the rigth direction ! I just want to have something to work with and which helps further. Thanks !

Ok guys, I dont want it to look like if I hadnt any time or impatient, but I just want an answer, the sligtest idea, just something to work with, so please just comment your ideas.

Please !

Its kinda hard getting no answer on a topic you really want one on.

Sorry, but in my opinion this is just an unidentifiable chunk of bone. Any attempt trying to attribute this to a Spinosaur is grabbing at straws. 

• I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Brevicolis said:

Ok guys, I dont want it to look like if I hadnt any time or impatient, but I just want an answer, the sligtest idea, just something to work with, so please just comment your ideas.

Please !

Oh man, I know just how you feel pal....

Kem Kem bones in general are really hard to get IDed especially when they're fragmentary.

In my opinion your best bet is to label it an unknown bone fragment. Labeling a piece as indeterminate is never as fun as pinning a good ID on it, but you really just have to get used to that with Kem Kem material.

Thanks for your input !

Definitely a bone of some kind. I do see something that could be a tooth? If so, a broken one missing a lot. Then again, it is quite hard to see properly. If I were you, I wouldn’t buy it, as it could honestly be anything, but it is up to you.IMG_2752.thumb.jpeg.fb1addbbc2baa40fdb3e0f1c102b5d2c.jpeg

Edited by M3gal0don_M4n

Signature goes here.

Chunkosaurus is a term used alot for these.

I think honestly the only way to begin to call Kem Kem stuff a jaw, especially spinosaurid, is if its a rather large piece with teeth in it. From there its a question of is it real or not or does it belong to another species. There is so much work on many kem kem things being sold as teeth, jaws, claws, thats its very difficult to trust sellers even if you know them.

• I found this Informative 2

*Frank*

A lot of the material coming from Morocco is un-identifiable, but there is a lot of crocodylomorph  material being offered as dinosaur material.

Dinosaur sells stuff better than Crocodile.  <_<

My advice is to trust very little in what retailers have to say about material from Morocco.  :unsure:

• I found this Informative 2
  • I Agree 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

I'll stay away from it. 

Its not even beatiful and known what it its.

14 hours ago, Brevicolis said:

I've felt the same pain before. 

I think it's pretty safe to assume on any topic where an item gets a decent amount of views and no answers after a reasonable amount of time, people probably  don't feel they have enough detail or expertise to identify your piece. 

But there probably IS enough detail (or the item is unusual enough) for members to feel uncomfortable ruling out an ID altogether because they think someone with more expertise might come along.

I think your piece probably fell into that unfortunate no man's land.

• I Agree 1