HipDipster

Hi!

I'm a 23 year old prehistoric/fossil lover who's been casually collecting fun things for the past 4 years or so. I've stayed around the MD/VA area for that time and I've dabbled deeper into the more technical info about these and many other types of fossils but I really want to get more into it. I love learning about these old species and how the earth and it's contents have changed so much over so many years. I hope to discover and learn a lot more! I actually do have some fossils that i need help with identifying, if anyone can help me! just for curiosity's sake

1- i really have no idea what this is

2- i think this is a half of a vert, from the patterns, but to what i dont know!

3- i initially thought this was some kind of knuckle bone. it was found the same day as 2

4- i dont want to get my hopes up and say this is half of an osteoderm, but I saw some pics and they looked similar? ive been wondering about it for years!

5- these two i found pretty recently, and they kind of look like they could be from the same species? I dont know what kind of bones they are though.

Thank you so much!

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1896.jpg

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1898.jpg

Welcome to TFF from Texas! :ammonite01:.             It would be super helpful to have multiple views of each object along with scale, and might have better luck if this were moved to Fossil ID. @DPS Ammonite

as suggested multiple images of each from all sides, and scale.  Coco posted printable cm paper that is great for this.  You have several vertibrae in  in your collection at the least.  Maryland natural history society fossil club meets in baltimore monthly  if you brought your finds to a meeting several people will be able to help you.

• Thank You 1

Hi,

On 6/15/2022 at 4:02 PM, val horn said:

Coco posted printable cm paper that is great for this.

Right. Have a look on my signature :Wink1:

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg