Are any of these T Rex?

jikohr

Hi everyone!

I acquired a bunch of Tyrannosaur tips from Hell Creek recently. Most were sold as Tyrannosaur indet. which is what I've been going by for them except the ones with a really thick, almost circular cross section. These three I'm kinda on the fence as they're pretty robust but not circular. All three are Hell Creek but from different localities which I have next to each one. Also when I took the cross section measurements I didn't take those at the end of the base because it was uneven on all of them, being broken tips. So what I did was I went up a little to a complete cross section that was perpendicular to the height measurement and took my cross section measurement there.
So what do you all think, can these be labeled Rex? Should I continue to call them indet.? Any feedback is greatly appreciated as always!

1199135898_tipa.thumb.jpg.711028dd84f5bf85e9bbd7eab969eac9.jpg707080409_tipb.thumb.jpg.3b5933b5fb5710c048b658ffe3070646.jpg1454763353_tipc.thumb.jpg.c9af6804e48886f70f350a4674efaa2c.jpg

They all look T Rex to me, but they suffer from missing bases, which makes it impossible to rule out nano, I believe.

The distance between the carinae of 2nd and 3rd teeth seems to expands so much over what little CH is present that maybe it's more possible to label those as Rex. Curious to see what the experts say.

You have amassed quite an armamentarium of Rex stuff!!

Edited by Dino Dad 81
  • Thank You 1