Keichousaurus Fossil, is it real? Restorations?

OneLastSift

Hi I came across this Keichousaurus fossil online and was wondering if it is real or as major restorations of painted parts. Thanks!

A6D4E3CD-1148-498F-A664-69AF0B6F0EFD.jpeg

The lack of some finger bones and cracks running through the head and other parts of the body lead time to believe it might be genuine, but I am not an expert on these types of fossils.

Photos are too poor to tell much.

• I Agree 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Sometimes you can tell that parts are painted because they don't have the '3D' topography of real bones fossilized in the prepared matrix.  The pictures make it hard for us to see that level of detail, but you can check for it directly perhaps.

• I found this Informative 1

@Gizmo can you delete this post for me please that has pictures of the Keich. I want to start a new chain with different pictures. Thanks 

25 minutes ago, OneLastSift said:

@Gizmo can you delete this post for me please that has pictures of the Keich. I want to start a new chain with different pictures. Thanks 

@OneLastSift just add new photos of this same fossil in replies to this topic.  We generally do not delete topics.

• I found this Informative 1
  • I Agree 2

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ