Fossil ID help please: Requesting ID help for fossil found shark tooth hunting on SW Florida beach

TWB

Hi Everyone- 

I'm a newbie to the forum, but a long time shark tooth hunter and general enthusiast of all things rocks, gems, fossils, and geology.   Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out!  

I've been collecting sharks teeth for a few months from Juno Beach, Florida (~25 miles north of West Palm Beach).  Usually on the surface of the sand, or, occasionally, sifting through the shell beds right at the breakers, max waist deep.  

I have found quite a few of these items in the first two rows, and I cannot source them online with google searches of any type.  I've only tried image searching a bit, but the results were pretty crazy.  What are these things?  As you can see, we have left and right versions here, and some are more complete with some interesting finer features still attached.  They are rock hard and feel like solid stone, cool to the touch.  Most all of them are the amber/orange/brown colors, but some are darker green/brown.  I would love to learn more about these!  

Additionally, I've put four items in the third row that are clearly different to the many items of interest, but also represent the same feel of material in a different shape.  Any ideas?

Here are five pics below:  (this is all shot on millimeter paper, and I noted a 1 inch line, a 1 cm line, and a 1mm^2 square.  

1 - top down image

row 1 most complete samples of main interest

row 2 - less complete samples of main interest

row 3 - the second inquiry of various sizes

2 - top down image, but tilted from bottom

3 - top down image, but tilted from top

4 - top down image, all specimens turned over on opposite side relative to first three images

5 - top down image, all specimens turned over on opposite side relative to first three images, but tilted from bottom

IMG_4227.JPG

IMG_4228.JPG

IMG_4229.JPG

IMG_4230.JPG

IMG_4231.JPG

Edited by TWB

• TWB changed the title to Fossil ID help please: Requesting ID help for fossil found shark tooth hunting on SW Florida beach
10 hours ago, TWB said:

Thanks, Al Dente!  The ones you posted are so white, but that looks like a pretty solid ID. 

Because they are from a recent specimen :)

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, TWB said:

One more question...are these actual fossils or just natural otoliths that have experience decolorization over time?  Thanks!

I don’t think they are modern. I think they have been in sediment for some time, enough to pick up some mineral staining. No idea if it was a few dozens years, hundreds, or tens of thousands.