WIPS Symposium March 25-26 near Denver

jpc

Here is another activity going on in the Denver area....

WIPS is the Western Interior Paleontology Society, a group of amateurs and professionals based in Denver.  They do a Symposium every other year and this is the first one in a few years due to covid.  

Mammals is the theme...  

It is also available on Zoom... virtual attendance... 

Registration is 120 bucks for the two days, and only 25 for students and educators.

There will be a half dozen speakers each day, art exhibits and fossil displays... (including one by my own outfit, the Tate Geological Museum). 

Here is the link... 

https://westernpaleo.org/wp/?page_id=928

Hope to see some of you there, esp those in the area of Colorado 

• Thank You 1

Sound interesting, too far to go for me to take part in person but with Zoom, great. Will there be a fix time for every speaker so I can attend right in time? Have seen two lessons I like to listen too

What is the aim of the WIPS? Is there a focus on vertebrates, local paleo, early or not so early life? Never heard from the WIPS

thanks for input :Smiling:

Edited by rocket

WIPS is a group based in Denver that brings amateurs and professional paleontologists together.  One of the main goals is to educate folks on how to collect correctly and legally, and how to incorporate their finds into the actual science.  They have monthly meetings at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science with a featured speaker every month.  They run a series of field trips every summer.    

I am not surprised if you have never heard of it...  It is a fairly local outfit, but membership has grown all over the world with the advent of virtual talks since the pandemic.   

yes, there will be a fixed time for each speaker... to be determined.  

• 4 weeks later...

any Colorado (or beyond)  folks planning to go to the WIPS Symposium this weekend?  

I would love to put some faces to names if you go.