Show Us Your Shark Tooth Collections ... and How You Display Them

Megalodon Man

I have a couple of these hanging in my office. The frames can be purchased at Ikea. I checked the US IKEA site and as expected... they sell them in the US as well. Check this site if you are interested: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/00078051/

I also took some pictures of how I mounted the teeth with nylon fishing line, 50lbs breaking strength.

If you wonder what the little black dot is underneath the dark 6,25" meg... that's a tiny Squalus tooth :-)

post-312-0-00801400-1331900644_thumb.jpg

post-312-0-29699900-1331900654_thumb.jpg

post-312-0-19051800-1331900667_thumb.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

My favorite small shark teeth are Abdounia recticona, if these guys were 2 inches across and not 1/4 inch they would be awesome in anyone's collection. The best way to display them,I have found, is in gem jars that can be labeled on the back side and displayed in a riker case----Tom

post-3940-0-57476100-1332166220_thumb.jpg

post-3940-0-29141800-1332166312_thumb.jpg

Grow Old Kicking And Screaming !!
"Don't Tread On Me"

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite small shark teeth are Abdounia recticona, if these guys were 2 inches across and not 1/4 inch they would be awesome in anyone's collection. The best way to display them,I have found, is in gem jars that can be labeled on the back side and displayed in a riker case----Tom

These teeth look VERY familiar... reminds me of teeth found in the western part of Alabama... correct?

I have a couple of these hanging in my office. The frames can be purchased at Ikea. I checked the US IKEA site and as expected... they sell them in the US as well. Check this site if you are interested: http://www.ikea.com/...ducts/00078051/

I also took some pictures of how I mounted the teeth with nylon fishing line, 50lbs breaking strength.

If you wonder what the little black dot is underneath the dark 6,25" meg... that's a tiny Squalus tooth :-)

I LOVE the way you displayed those teeth! Very nice job!! Thanks for sharing

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

~Sir Winston Churchill

• 3 weeks later...

Updated the display... top row - about 175 of the nicer shark teeth i have found,

middle row - horse, whale, and croc teeth, whale ear bones, shark, fish and dolphin verts, trilobite and fossil insect, whale vert fragment and rib bone fragments.

post-5100-0-53368000-1335138641_thumb.jpgpost-5100-0-33993400-1335138663_thumb.jpgpost-5100-0-45978700-1335138700_thumb.jpg

Great collections guys. Have not put mine in a display yet. I'm trying to figure the best way to display them.

Awesome collections on this forum!!!! I have a few teeth,but haven't found the right display or framing that I like....Going to build one either out of oak,cedar or petrified wood..........(1st pic on this forum,hope it works)

teeth0022.jpg

The ones you can't see are from Morroco(sand colored too).. The jar ones are from the Carolina's on the east coast.

• 5 months later...

Hi, please help me with identification of these teeth. They are from turonian grey and white chalk from polish territory ...

Cretaceous%2520teeth.jpg

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Awesome collections on this forum!!!! I have a few teeth,but haven't found the right display or framing that I like....Going to build one either out of oak,cedar or petrified wood..........(1st pic on this forum,hope it works)

teeth0022.jpg

Nice teeth, did you find all of those?

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Recently picked up a 5.25" Megalodon tooth for my daughters birthday. In searching for a nice way to display it, I found this hat display on Amazon in which a "Megalodon" tooth holder fit nicely into. Makes for a fairly compelling display and the mirrored backing is a nice touch. She loves it, as do I.

59bb23334fb5e_megalodontoothdisplay.thumb.jpg.ad150a63b6a63280e7f4637ed4969736.jpg

Handful of favorites. Chilean is 6.5", SC meg is 6.15". The other group is Lee Creek, Peru, bone valley, Venice beach. I have quite a few more teeth and always growing the collection, but thought I'd share these! 

IMG_5152.JPG

IMG_5645.JPG

10 hours ago, Tracer Jr. said:

Handful of favorites. Chilean is 6.5", SC meg is 6.15". The other group is Lee Creek, Peru, bone valley, Venice beach. I have quite a few more teeth and always growing the collection, but thought I'd share these!

I GASPED !! when I saw your Peruvian Chub...:wub: Thanks for sharing. Welcome back.  TracerJrPeruvianChub.JPG.e8c6a692c94eb80b1e939f58c3a1b6de.JPG

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

48 minutes ago, aplomado said:

Here's one I made for a gift:
a146xt.jpg

Picture does not show up in Your post. But it did show up in the qoate. Go figure.

Nice display.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.