A Couple Of Unidentified Fossil Shells, Corals And Coprolite.

-Andy-

I am cleaning up and labeling all my fossils, and thus i have the fun task of trying to identify all of them.

Problem is, I am no fossil expert, and so I am here once more to ask for help.

First up, corals.

The brown coral on the left comes from Africa, and I purchased it from the HK ebay dealer, gaofudev. The other three corals below were picked up from the beaches of Singapore, Thailand and Bintan.

gallery_4888_1320_2884923.jpg

gallery_4888_1320_1637051.jpg

Next, my shells.

The bivalve on the left came from Whitby, Yorkshire, and is supposedly Jurassic aged. The gastropod on the right is most likely Turritella Terebra from Indonesia, however I need help in determining its age.

gallery_4888_1320_839505.jpg

gallery_4888_1320_1530618.jpg

Lastly, my coprolite.

This one is likely a dino coprolite from the Cretaceous age, and is from Madagascar. I can't confirm that however, and it would be nice of someone to help me double-check on it.

gallery_4888_1320_1325125.jpg

That's it! Thanks for helping!

Edited by FireEel

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Thank you very much for identifying it! And thanks for the comment!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Sorry, but I beg to differ. The shell from Whitby is actually Pleuromya SP, it commonly occurs throughout Yorkshire.

Joe

Kind regards,

Joe

Looking at both species google images, I would have to agree it looks more like a Pleuromya.sp