N.e. Florida Beach Vert. But What Kind?

SharkGirl

Please help me ID this very neat vert (?) I found it on a beach in NE Fl. last week. Hope the pictures are acceptable, Grateful for this forum, your time, expertise or opinions! THANK YOU fer lookin'! Happy Hunting, To All!!!

post-8475-0-91220100-1383190942_thumb.jpg

post-8475-0-14252200-1383190996_thumb.jpg

Cant help you, but very nice condition! Do these bones wash up from somewhere? Or wash out from rivers to the beaches? Or out of the beach?

Very cool.

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

Looks reptilian maybe snake?

Mikey

Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.  
led zeppelin

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png IPFOTM.png IPFOTM2.png IPFOTM3.png IPFOTM4.png IPFOTM5.png

Alligator, maybe. How 'bout a side view?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

This' Material from dredge spoils at or near beach. & Auspex: Most definitely will post a couple more shots, Probably/honestly tomorrow, my kids have me All booked up today. Thank you much!

This looks like a snake vertebra to me.Crotalus.jpg

This is a vertebra of Crotalus adamanteus you might compare it to.

Edited by TourmalineGuy
  • I found this Informative 1

Yes, it is a snake. Could you post a picture of the bottom side? The side facing downwards in your two initial pictures, and a good side view as well?

Edited by RichW9090

The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".