Fossil Crabs? Other Than

PRK

I know crabs are fairly prevalent in the oligocene Lincoln ck. fm. Does anyone collect any associated fossils?

I know some other (rare) beasties have been found there... an iospod that I know of is all I can think of.

I'm surprised too. Only one isopod is the only known associated fossil in the Lincoln ck fm?

There's much to be found in the LCF. Pine cones, starfish, gastropods, mollusks, teredo, carbonized wood, Aturia, leaves, a variety of teeth and bones. The Burke has a huge collection of donated items from the LCF. In fact, my friend was with me 2 weeks ago and found a fish. It's been donated to the Burke and they've yet to determine what kind.

I enjoy hunting the LCF, you never know what you'll find.... as long as your arm doesn't get tired from swinging the hammer.

Edited by CH4ShotCaller

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
-Albert Einstein

crabes-07.gif

I guess it's like sh th hill, alotta bones are there, but it seems no one collects them

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have some pics of a couple of different things there, but lost em to a computer virus years ago. One was half of a huge fish vert, about the size of a 50 cent piece, and the other was a huge seed of some kind in a concretion about the size of a racket ball. I donated the seed years ago.

RB

Sounds cool, I've never seen either of those kind. Thanks Ron!

PS: where do you donate?

Edited by PRK

I donated some fish material to Burke a long time ago and then got no donation reciete in return. I cant remember where I donated that seed to, but again, got no donation reciete. I donated a bunch of rare stuff to the Sierra Nevada History Musem and finaly got a donation reciete in return. I also donated a bunch of stuff to the Arcata history museum and found out some of it was stolen, then the place closed up shop. I don't donate anymore.

RB

• 3 weeks later...