I Finished My First Mosasaur Drawing. Opinions Needed.

fossilized6s

We'll i put in another hour tonight and finished my first Mosasaur drawing. You can read more here on how and why this came about. http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/52402-help-me-help-the-forum/

But this is NOT my final drawing for the auction. I still want to draw what you guys vote on.

But seeing as how this turned out i may auction this separately. I don't quite know though. I'd love to hear some feedback on whether or not this should be auctioned solo or be a "inclusion" with the other drawing. :)

post-14584-0-49537100-1423797395_thumb.jpg

Edit:added linkpost-14584-0-58976700-1423959999_thumb.jpg

Edited by fossilized6s

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Holy snarge that is awesome. I would bid on that if it went to auction. Beautiful work.

A fossil hunter needs sharp eyes and a keen search image, a mental template that subconsciously evaluates everything he sees in his search for telltale clues. -Richard E. Leakey

http://prehistoricalberta.lefora.com

Awesome

Thank you!

Holy snarge that is awesome. I would bid on that if it went to auction. Beautiful work.

That's the ticket! Thank you sir!

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK

fantastic, there is no doubt this one should stand on its own merit :)

"Your serpent of Egypt is bred now of your mud by the operation of your sun; so is your crocodile." Lepidus

Incredible! That belongs in a museum.

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

Now that my friend, is true art! Bravo! B)

I sure do wish I could draw like that! :o

:drool:Awesome!

Edited by izak_

Thank you guys! It's much appreciated.

I should add that the auction in question will benefit the forum, and not for self gain.

~Charlie~

OMG!!

That is really really cool. That mosasaur has real presence, and exudes danger and menace - apt for such a predator!!

My vote for stand alone awesomeness.

P.S. I had thought that Haast's Eagle might be a great subject for a drawing. Maybe dive bombing a Moa? There an existing piece of artwork here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haast's_eagle showing this.

But given your treatment of the Mosasaur, I reckon you could do a better job!

It's the Forum's mascot, all fleshed out! :wub:

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Well done, Charlie - you are quite talented. :envy:

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Thank you guys!

So should i auction this separately????

~Charlie~

Absolutely. :)

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

OMG!!

That is really really cool. That mosasaur has real presence, and exudes danger and menace - apt for such a predator!!

My vote for stand alone awesomeness.

P.S. I had thought that Haast's Eagle might be a great subject for a drawing. Maybe dive bombing a Moa? There an existing piece of artwork here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haast's_eagle showing this.

But given your treatment of the Mosasaur, I reckon you could do a better job!

Thank you sir!

It would be a neat picture. But the problem of drawing such creatures like scaled up versions of modern day creatures is incorporating size into the drawing. Unless there is a 5'10" human standing next to it, the massive proportions get lost in translation. So most viewers would see this as a drawing of a modern day Eagle attacking a weird chicken. Does that make any sense? Hahaha

~Charlie~

Man when I saw that all I heard was Bad to the Bone.

Obviously I know nothing about art production but you could

Easily take over the Mosasaur print world with that one.

I think I'm going to have to get a second job for this auction

It's hard to remember why you drained the swamp when your surrounded by alligators.

Thanks Squali!

It has just enough creepiness to it. I've found being a perfectionist that in order to make something appear real it needs imperfections (scars, crooked teeth, etc.) This was just a quick 2hr sketch, and there are some things wrong with it.

And i guess it all depends on how frisky the bidders are on price. With auctions you really don't know what's going to happen.

I think i may make a Ammonite sketch next. We'll see.....

~Charlie~