Keichousaurus preparation, first test

Laboratary FODERE

Very well done with an excellent outcome.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

Exquisite! :wub:

If only all of them were prepped this way!

Thanks for posting it.

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Excellent preparation !

I'm very interested in Keichousaurus preparation; will you give us more detail about technique you used ?

I suppose you used micro sandblaster to remove matrix from the fossil and then formic acid (witch concentration ?) to finish the job ....

Hi Raimo,

Yes by this way but for make a solid and better keich you does use paraloïd B72 for consolidate the fossil and matrix (or super glue for the matrix). I can give somes advices but I invested lot of time (3 years) and money to find the right technique, I can not say everything, I hope you understand what. However, the choice of the layers is very important. Some layers are very hard and the air abrassive and acid don't work...

Edited by Laboratary FODERE

• 4 months later...