Bones in limestone

Bag of bones

Found in the Pryor Mountains. An inland sea once covered the area. Lots of possibilities. Cool looking anyway.

post-22314-0-08604400-1472253253_thumb.jpg

I'm getting a geologic vibe on this one. :unsure:

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Boy I agree with Fossildude get a geologic feel. Definitely need to see more especially from the side and closeups

Need a better photo.

However, there are Dino bone elements found in the Morrison Formation in that general area. I never found anything vertebrate but in the marine deposits there were a lot of belemnites and crinoid bits.

There's been a few huge floods in pleistocene times that acted similar to glaciers and shifted a lot of rock around. You can find what might seem like 'out of place' fossils and rocks.

Anyways, nice area. Lots of native history

I am also getting a geologic impression, but the lower left area looks kind of turtle like to Me.

That was the reason I asked for more pictures.

Would still like to see more pictures.

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Might not be a turtle,  but it kind of resembles one. I have heard they can be found in the area.do I have to start a new topic to post more photos?

Can we get some close ups of the edges of the possible bone? Like where any internal structure can be viewed? That would quickly solve the fossil or geological question.

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."