Petrified wood bone fragments identification

ScandinavianBleu

I found these both in my lake in Ottertail county MN. The first piece is 4" long by 2" high. Is it petrified wood?  How do you know how old it is or what type of wood? The second piece is 2.5" long by 1" and  I am wondering if it is petrified wood and part of a tree branch or a petrified bone . 

IMG_1432.JPG

IMG_1433.JPG

IMG_1434.JPG

IMG_1436.JPG

IMG_1437.JPG

IMG_1444.JPG

IMG_1445.JPG

I'm less certain about the last two, but I'm afraid there is no clear indication that any are wood or bone fossils.

The stress should be on clear though. Some pieces are difficult to be certain of.

They look like rocks,to me.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

The first looks like a piece of agate or something like that. The second could be bone but it's hard to tell. One way to check is to lick your finger and stick it to the "bone". If it feels sticky when you pull away, it is cone. This is the capillary action of the bone drawing the moisture in.

• I found this Informative 2

The 

4 hours ago, Ptychodus04 said:

The first looks like a piece of agate or something like that. The second could be bone but it's hard to tell. One way to check is to lick your finger and stick it to the "bone". If it feels sticky when you pull away, it is cone. This is the capillary action of the bone drawing the moisture in.

Did your test and the second piece is definitely sticky! Thank you for sharing this !