What is it?

Marcia

Please tell me what you think. Found in southern New Mexico. I have other photos but don't know how to make them smaller in size 

IMG_0700.JPG

Hi Marcia,just add more as replies,also can you add a measure and may be a more precise location.I'm sure there will be a lot of people across the pond who will help you.

And welcome to TFF

Yvie

Sorry but it isn't an egg. It lacks the distinctive texture of egg shell There is a similarity, but I'm afraid this is just the result of weathering of the rock. 

I keep forgetting to zoom in on these. That texture is quite close. I still think the orientation is off though.

27 minutes ago, Marcia said:

. I have other photos but don't know how to make them smaller in size 

If you cannot reduce them just add them to a "submit reply".  What's it's size.

I think it is a septarian nodule.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Thanks for all the responses. I know nothing about this subject. It is about 7 inches by six inches but one side looks like it was flattened somewhat. 

IMG_0694.JPG

Now that I see that the inside is exposed, it is not a septarian nodule which is a nodule with mineralization on the inside and fills in the cracks. But it is still a nodule or concretion of some sort.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Hi Marcia, welcome to the forum!

i think it's geological I'm afraid. Certainly more images from different are always good to help with identification along with a ruler of some sort. 

Sorry to be so slow. Here are more pics. Thank you all so much for your time!  This one shows the broken end protruding out and the very end is flat like it was pressed up against something 

IMG_0702.JPG

I will send more as soon as I can figure out how to make each one smaller than 3.95 MB because it says they're all too big!