11 posts in this topic

Congratulations on your find!  It's always nice to make an important contribution to our studies of ancient life!  If you do decide to donate it, ask the museum if they would be willing to provide you a cast of the specimen in exchange.  It shouldn't be TOO difficult for them to do.

-Joe

Congratulations on your significant find! 

Glad to hear you are interested in donating it, if asked. 

Well done, sir. :) 

Regards,

Congratulations! And, thank you. I'm glad you got a definitive ID. 

Thank you guys, especially fossilized6s, without your suggestion getting an ID on it would have been a much longer process! Asking them for a cast sounds like a good idea thanks for the suggestion, from my contact Dr Munt I think donating it permanently is something he wants to discuss after their initial study of it so I'll make sure to enquire about it. 

Beautiful and rare, too. Congratulations on a very cool find!

Awesome find!!!! I have collected at Bouldnor a number of times now as well, it really is a fantastic location that doesn't get enough recognition in my opinion. Though maybe that's a good thing for us collectors in the know?!

Hi, and thank you! No it definitely doesn't, the volume and diversity of material is fantastic! I think it's mostly the poor accessibility and treacherousness of most of that coast that keeps it relatively unknown, plus in terms of interest and fame our Wealden dinosaurs here definitely steal the spotlight over the Paleogene units. 

Nice find! It's one place I like to hunt too. Bit of a pain to access particularly when it's been raining for a few days. 

Nice find.  

That is a great find. The preservation and color is beautiful.