Dumb Question Regarding Trilobites

RushCountyRocks

I'm on a school sponsored computer so the best sites are blocked, keep that in mind because this is a bit of a dumb question and the reason I pose it, is because I have found two separate lists and I don't know which is correct. So my question is, what are the classes of the trilobites? 

Edited by RushCountyRocks

Which lists are you referring to? Might help if you could post them here. Otherwise, there are no dumb questions - we all start somewhere!

I'm not sure if you will be able to access this site via the constraints of your school's computer, but this site does have some good information that might answer your question: http://trilobites.info/

• I found this Informative 2

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

No harm in making use of Wikipedia for more general inquiries :)

The trilobites.info site largely relies on Fortey's 1997 classification of the orders with some modifications. There was a split in 2001/2 of the ptychopariida and harpetiida, with the inclusion as well of the odontopleurida. Although brand new orders do not occur that regularly in the literature, it is more common that new genera are added from time to time. I would think, depending on what use you are making of this information, this source is reasonably accurate.

If you really wanted to wander into the weeds and be treated with some very specific literature, TFF member piranha occasionally uploads open access trilobite papers here: 

Thank you so much for the helpful info! This is something just for my own use, so the formality doesn't have to be up top. 

So is this the pretty much up to date orders?

Agnostida, Redlichiida, Corynexochida, Lichida, Phacopida, Proetida, Asaphida, Harpetida and Ptychopariida.

My pleasure! :)

I think the only one you might be missing here is Ondontopleurida, which was first identified in the original Trilobita treatise (1959), and shares some common similarities with the Lichida.

• I found this Informative 1

I would also recommend for your reading pleasure these two books if they are available at your school or local public library:

Trilobites, by Riccardo Levi-Setti

Trilobites, by H.B.Whittington.

The Levi-Setti book may be more accessible a read, and has plenty of good diagrams and photo plates.

Thank you so much for all your assistance :)

I'll definitely look into these books and thank you for the link to the thread as well, I appreciate all your help. 

Wikipedia is much better than it used to be.  

Why is your access to obviously educational web sites blocked so severely?  If you can't access Sam Gon's great trilobite site I can't imagine what you do have access to.

Don

School internet is extremely limited these days, luckily for you I've had my fair share of it and have a way to get around it. (Please only use it for educational purposes)

https://www.unblocktunnel.org/

This is a proxy for blocked internet.

(Don't do anything illegal ;))

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

E.T. Hall - opabinia

"If It Can be Written or Thought, It can be Filmed." - Stanley Kubrick

Cambrian and Quaternary

Thanks opabinia ;) I have been working on getting past the firewall. Also, fossildawg, I go to a catholic private high school so words like "rock" are blocked by their automatic marker because it could me rock drugs or something, its pitiful, CatholicAnswers.com was blocked as well so its a very flawed system and I find myself emailing the moderator a large amount. 

I can understand how network security may adopt a precautionary principle, but the extent of blockage at your school seems a tad extreme! Hopefully you have access to the internet at home, the public library, or some other public places like cafes and some fast food restaurants.

17 minutes ago, RushCountyRocks said:

Opabinia that website was blocked lol :D

There are a few other ways I know of getting past firewalls whether it be proxy or by actually changing your computer settings...I just don't remember how to do it. :D

If I find a new way I'll PM you. Trust me, High School internet whether it be Catholic school or not it one of Earth's greatest annoyances... :faint:

Happy Hunting!

-opabinia

_._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._._.

E.T. Hall - opabinia

"If It Can be Written or Thought, It can be Filmed." - Stanley Kubrick

Cambrian and Quaternary

Don't know much on trilobites but just wanted to say that the only "dumb" question there is is the one that isn't asked ;) Questions lead to learning, and we all start being spoon-fed!

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

Can probably still access pawn if the statistics that we get thrown at us are anything to go by!!Question = learning.

Yvie

11 minutes ago, Jesuslover340 said:

Don't know much on trilobites but just wanyed to say that the only "dumb" question there is is the one that isn't asked ;) Questions lead to learning, and we all start being spoon-fed!

Yep!