One Beeeeeeeeautiful Scallop

RJB

I again went to my other property today to put my travel trailer away.  My youngest son was there to help,,,, so, I asked him if he wouldnt mind putting in some boxes for me to take back home.  Besides all kinds of other stuff, I ran into this big beauty today.  This is Patinopectin carinus.  Not sure if that is spelled right.  Comes from Scotia Bluffs in Humboldt County Northern California.  I used to sell a heck of a lot of these and sure am glad I saved one for me.  Very hard to get the 'ears'/'wings' on these things.  This one is much nicer than most.  Its now in my fossil office.  :)

Oh, the rock this is on is a bit over 4 inches thick.  Quite heavy! 

RB

DSCN1009.JPG

Nice scallop! That lobster in the background is totally photo bombing...what a jerk:P

...I'm back.

I was admiring the cube scale in the foreground. That @aerogrowersure gets around, doesn't he? :rofl:

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World

HA!!!   yeah, im a jerk.  Just got so much cool fossil stuff!   Not my fault.  I was forced to eat peas as a child.  Oh, I just found that lobster today too.  Not a good one and needs more work, but no face on the snargle dang thing.  Gunna try and sell that one this summer.

RB

I think Raggedy was referring to the lobster as a photobombing jerk.

Spectacular scallop.

Wow this looks modern. What a work of art.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!