Kem kem fossil bones

Haravex

5 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

Oh there are definitely some articulated fossils. But yes, they are quite rare.

final question how do you tell the difference between carcharodontosaurus teeth and Abelisauridae teeth? is there a defining difference between the two?

Carcharodontosaurid teeth are a bit fatter than Abelisaurid teeth. Especially the small ones tend to be really short and stout.

• I found this Informative 1

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Ok thanks the next piece I think could be a neural spine 

20170801_155005.jpg

And second set of pictures 

20170801_155110.jpg

Another view 

20170801_155034.jpg

I think you're right. Would be near impossible to put a name on such a piece though.

I think it's also upside down.

21 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

I think you're right. Would be near impossible to put a name on such a piece though.

I think it's also upside down.

whoops also it could only come from sigilmass or spino right?

It could be anything. There's not a whole lot of diagnostic features. There are other large dinosaurs as well as large crocs in the area.

Maybe, I dunno. But crocodiles like Elosuchus can get quite massive. Almost as big as Spinosaurus or Supercroc.

Some more 1 I know is a scute but is not like crocodile and the other two I think might be fish but again not sure

20170808_222903.jpg

20170808_222932.jpg

I have a caudal vertebrae (i'm guessing) and a theropod tooth i thought was originally from carcharodntasaurus, however due to the previous tooth no longer sure, so maybe albeisaurid again tooth weighs 9 grams, 56 mm outer curve, 47 mm inner curve, 51 mm circumference around the root and 42 mm cir around the middle of it.

outer.jpg

20170809_213820.jpg

20170809_213450.jpg

inner.jpg

20170809_213629.jpg

20170809_213647.jpg

On 08/08/2017 at 11:39 PM, Haravex said:

Some more 1 I know is a scute but is not like crocodile and the other two I think might be fish but again not sure

20170808_222932.jpg

The two small bumpy fossils are part of the rostrum of a sawfish. Likely Onchopristis numidus. The bumpy side is what it looks like on the inside. The square scale-like bumps on the outside are where the teeth attach.

14 hours ago, Haravex said:

I have a caudal vertebrae (i'm guessing) and a theropod tooth i thought was originally from carcharodntasaurus, however due to the previous tooth no longer sure, so maybe albeisaurid again tooth weighs 9 grams, 56 mm outer curve, 47 mm inner curve, 51 mm circumference around the root and 42 mm cir around the middle of it.

20170809_213450.jpg

The tooth looks like Carcharodontosaur. Much too big for Abelisaurid.

The vertebra is indeed from a tail. Likely Theropod but hard to put a name on it, I have one that is very similar but I'm still looking into what it could be exactly.

Thanks @LordTrilobitefor all your help the long flat and stright bone and the scute any ideas upon? if not any idea maybe @Troodon could help as i believe he has a lot of experience with material from the kem kem beds.

I really don't think it is a rib at all after seeing a numerous amount of ribs and verterbre it is far too flat and straight no bends almost perfectly flat and the other was round by the looks of it but has been broken I will upload better photos 

1502403316980640103108.jpg

1502403406599220471860.jpg

Hm, that certainly is very straight. How odd.

The rounded and hollow sides do still remind me of ribs. Some parts of ribs can be fairly straight. But I'd still expect at least some curve. I've got no other ideas on that disc.

59 minutes ago, LordTrilobite said:

Hm, that certainly is very straight. How odd.

The rounded and hollow sides do still remind me of ribs. Some parts of ribs can be fairly straight. But I'd still expect at least some curve. I've got no other ideas on that disc.

I seen troodon post in his jurassic park something of a titanosaurid scute that looks incredibly similar

Another one i'm more looking for help identifying the anatomy of these pieces, so far i can only think of this one as being nothing vertebrae associated, nor is it ribs, its not teeth and i'm thinking its too long and flat to be limb bones, except maybe fibular as it would be too thick for a tibia, so then that leaves possible hip bones, scapula or skull. Also hoping i'm right in assuming these are all part of one bone as they do seem to match front and back, color ect.

Forgot some vital information 

1 - longest section 80 mm top to bottom 100 mm depth 15 mm weight 209g

2 - long 55 mm top to bottom 85 mm depth 20 mm weight 160 g

3 - long 160 mm top to bottom 100 mm depth 20 mm weight 604 g

Untitled.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

Looks like the dorsal spine on a vertebra to me, which a weird pathology on one side. The thin side is very reminiscent of where the ligaments attach between the vertebrae.

And considering the size, I think it might be the spine of a Spinosaurid. Part number 3 would be the bottom close to where it attaches to the neural arch.

So the raised bump running down the 3 pieces could be like an infection or disease? Thanks for the info btw