Miocene_Mason

Just now, JohnBrewer said:

Nice finds, love the croc tooth!

Thanks, I was quite happy as well when it washed up!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

On 8/14/2017 at 7:36 PM, Jeffrey P said:

Congrats on that croc tooth. Nice way to start the day. They aren't all that common there. I would have to see large individual pictures to confirm if you have any Otodus there. Complete, unbroken individuals are about as common as the croc teeth- in other words they're pretty rare. Sand tigers come in a variety of sizes and shapes and constitute about 90% of the finds. I can see that a number of your "otodus" finds are in fact sand tigers but I can't be sure about all of them. The shells you showed are modern. In fact the Potomac beaches are covered with modern shells, primarily gastropods. Fossils shells are there too- primarily internal molds and usually in matrix except for the abundant oyster shells washing right out of the cliffs. All in all a nice sample of what can be found there. Multiple trips there should build up a collection of the rarer stuff. A very rewarding site in my opinion/

Here's some pictures of ones I am unsure of , one extra question, are cretolamna teeth uncommon or sought after? The second one would be cretolamna right?

IMG_2824.JPG

IMG_2825.JPG

IMG_2827.JPG

IMG_2828.JPG

IMG_2830.JPG

IMG_2831.JPG

IMG_2832.JPG

IMG_2826.JPG

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason