Nice leaf fossils

RJB

Not sure when I found these, but my wife today wanted to clean out a shed that I didnt know I had fossils in?   Anyways, these have been sittin in the shed since we moved here to Montana.  11 years.  So I did a bit of prep on two of them.  Came out purty dang nice.  One is a kind of Willow and the other I have no idea, but it was nice to find a stem and a tip!  These are from Colorado and are Eocene in age.  Ive still got to cut off about 50 freakin pounds of rock to square them up, but my tile saw isnt workiing at the moment.  :(

RB

DSCN1246.JPG

DSCN1247.JPG

DSCN1248.JPG

I can't imagine what it would be like to have so many fossils I forget about a whole shed full!  Especially nice ones like that.

Don C

Hey @FossilDAWG, I used to me a mountain moving machine back in the day.  My motto back then was "the more rock you move, the more fossils you find".  I wasnt a rich man, but I sure did move a lot of rock. I also use to do 7 out of state trips a year.  No wonder I was always broke back then!  But my passion was to find and to prep.  and I dont miss the days of fossil selliing.  Was doing 7 or 8 shows a year.  Turned into a job and so I quite.  Its just nice to have old stuff to keep prepping on.

RB 

its only a few boxes along with all the other stuff we put in there when we moved.  Its not an intire shed full.   Wish it was though.

RB

Speaking of sheds. I have permission from the wife to move my prep station out of the garage and into a dedicated shed! Woo hoo!!! Finally, I'll have room to lay everything out without fighting for room between the camping gear, fridge, the car, and the forge!!!

3 hours ago, RJB said:

@Ptychodus04, I hope its a big shed!!!

RB

I doubt it will be big enough. My suburban backyard is pretty small but it will easily be 4x what I have now for space.