Beaumaris fossils

onespecsteve

Hi Guys and Girls,

I had my first trip to Beaumaris the other day. I am pretty lucky as I live smack in between Beaumaris and Fossil Beach in Mount Martha. These are my first Vertebrate finds so I am pretty chuffed. So I have spent a few days Googling my fingers off the bone. I have sent this picture to the Melbourne Museum too but was wondering if anyone had any clues on what these these might be off. I'm pretty sure the bottom bone is off a bird, as it is hollowed. The middle 2 Vertebrae look as they are from the same animal, or species. 

anyways any help would be appreciated.

Steve

Beaumaris 1.2.jpg

Welcome to TFF!

The 3 pieces top right are fish vertebrae. The large bone on bottom is not a bird, most likely someone's dog.

The picture is to small to make any details out, but I think that the 2 smaller verts on the right are the only pieces that may be fossil. The others look modern to Me.

Better pictures of each item may change that opinion.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Hi @onespecsteve Welcome to the forum.

I'm familiar with Beaumaris & I'm afraid these are all modern bone fragments. There is plenty to find at the site so keep looking, once you get your eye in you'll be right.