Brownie's Beach Trip

eannis6

4 minutes ago, paxhunter said:

I was just givin you a hard time lol  but the water is dropping and the sand is starting to leave i found 3 meg/chubs today

If you're up for any trades I would kill to trade with you for some of those megs/chubs. I keep finding land based trilobites and fish fossils and am having withdrawals from the bay. :faint:

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

2 minutes ago, Fossil-Hound said:

If you're up for any trades I would kill to trade with you for some of those megs/chubs. I keep finding land based trilobites and fish fossils and am having withdrawals from the bay. :faint:

Im sure we can work something out im a fossil nut but you know that already and just remember we are just now entering prime fossil season here on the bay

I posted my finds from today the nice one is right at 2" then the small one is a 1/2" and then the beater lol

10 minutes ago, paxhunter said:

Im sure we can work something out im a fossil nut but you know that already and just remember we are just now entering prime fossil season here on the bay

I posted my finds from today the nice one is right at 2" then the small one is a 1/2" and then the beater lol

Awesome. I'll ping you and this is the best time of year for shark tooth hunting in the bay!

20 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

I'll send you a pm if the other thing falls through, I'm a little low on trading material right now though, thanks for the offer!

@WhodamanHD here's a neat link from TFF:

Perhaps we could talk to @Megatooth Collector I wonder if he has completed a transitional plaque for C. megalodon.

• I found this Informative 2

5 minutes ago, Fossil-Hound said:

@WhodamanHD here's a neat link from TFF:

Perhaps we could talk to @Megatooth Collector I wonder if he has completed a transitional plaque for C. megalodon.

Yes, that's helpful. I've just found a escheri for sale, probably gonna jump on that one.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Just now, WhodamanHD said:

Yes, that's helpful. I've just found a escheri for sale, probably gonna jump on that one.

What's an escheri?

4 minutes ago, Fossil-Hound said:

What's an escheri?

Its a transitional species between hastilis and hubbelli (slightly serrated, less so then hubbeli). I found two actually, right size and quality (3 and 4 centimeters respectively) They look something like this. I'd pm you the site but I was asked specifically not to share it, but if I get them I'll send you a pm for a trade. 

IMG_3195.JPG

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

2 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Its a transitional species between hastilis and hubbelli (slightly serrated, less so then hubbeli). I found two actually, right size and quality (3 and 4 centimeters respectively) They look something like this. I'd pm you the site but I was asked specifically not to share it, but if I get them I'll send you a pm for a trade. 

IMG_3195.JPG

Yeah if you get a couple I'd be willing to trade one-for-one for a nice C. chubutensis. Thanks!

1 hour ago, eannis6 said:

These have been some really awesome ideas! I absolutely love hunting on the bay.

Sorry for hijacking your thread! I get excited when Marylands involved:P

1 hour ago, Fossil-Hound said:

Yeah if you get a couple I'd be willing to trade one-for-one for a nice C. chubutensis. Thanks!

Sure, I'll PM you then!

Happy hunting,

Mason

2 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

Sure, I'll PM you then!

Hey, I understand XD

16 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

Sure, I'll PM you then!

Since you're here, what are your thoughts on my tooth WhodamanHD? XD

1 hour ago, eannis6 said:

Since you're here, what are your thoughts on my tooth WhodamanHD? XD

Well, I'm far from qualified but I think that it may be impossible to tell if it's a meg or a chub due to the serrations being worn, but I'd lean towards chub based on size (chubs tend to be smaller, don't know of any growth curve studies but I'd assume it takes them longer to grow therefore smaller teeth would be more common)

Happy hunting,

Mason

22 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Well, I'm far from qualified but I think that it may be impossible to tell if it's a meg or a chub due to the serrations being worn, but I'd lean towards chub based on size (chubs tend to be smaller, don't know of any growth curve studies but I'd assume it takes them longer to grow therefore smaller teeth would be more common)

Thanks WhodamanHD! I enjoy hearing everyone's input!

4 hours ago, eannis6 said:

@paxhunter hello! I'm curious what your opinion on the tooth I found is?

Where was the tooth found in Calvert Cliffs that will determine whether it is megalodon or chubutensis if it was found anywhere north of plum point it is almost certainly chub anywhere int the middle of the county down to about warriors it could be either if it was found at scientists or south most likely meg

39 minutes ago, paxhunter said:

Where was the tooth found in Calvert Cliffs that will determine whether it is megalodon or chubutensis if it was found anywhere north of plum point it is almost certainly chub anywhere int the middle of the county down to about warriors it could be either if it was found at scientists or south most likely meg

I found it at Brownies Beach, I have heard of both being found there. Thanks for the comment, that's interesting

1 minute ago, eannis6 said:

I found it at Brownies Beach, I have heard of both being found there. Thanks for the comment, that's interesting

megs are extremely rare at brownies so i wouls give the nod to chubutensis from brownies

50 minutes ago, paxhunter said:

megs are extremely rare at brownies so i wouls give the nod to chubutensis from brownies

Gotcha, thanks for the info! :) 

14 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

My first thought was baby meg.

Thanks for the input! I know it's either a chub or meg, the size would correlate to a baby if either, and I can't see any side cusplets so I'm thinking meg.