What Am I?

BobC

While Googling Parasimilia, I came across this picture, which they (link HERE) identified as Conularia. I'm pretty sure that it is not a Conularid, but it appears to me to be the pointy end of one of Bob's (and mine) pinna clams (I now humbly submit to the pinna sp. ID). It's the best picture of the "point" that I have come across so far.

What do you think?

I think you're right, Mike. Seems someone mislabeled their specimen on that website <nonexpert hanging it out there>. It doesn't resemble the structure of other Conularia fossils.

Bob & Mike, here are some photos of the most complete Pinna sp. bivalve I have (including the "pointy end"). :D

post-420-1250616295_thumb.jpg

post-420-1250616311_thumb.jpg

post-420-1250616416_thumb.jpg

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

They came out of this stuff. Can anybody tell me what formation this is? I am trying to learn how to ID formations now.

Nevermind, I will just sound dumb. :rolleyes:

I think you're right, Mike. Seems someone mislabeled their specimen on that website <nonexpert hanging it out there>. It doesn't resemble the structure of other Conularia fossils.

Bob & Mike, here are some photos of the most complete Pinna sp. bivalve I have (including the "pointy end"). :D

Thanks, John. That's the best specimen I've seen so far. Now you have the best pictures I've found on the internet.

Nevermind, I will just sound dumb. :rolleyes:

Have a go at it. That's how you learn. There are plenty of "dummies" on here. :P