Malone

I was wondering if there was a common term used for the fossils that remind me of a glob of construction adhesive. Sometimes binding fragments together sometimes just an unrecognized mass sandwiched between pieces of limestone.

IMG_2727.JPG

I don't now if there's a special word. 

We can talk about a mass mortality plate or bed when lots of organisms were killed in a catastrophic event and buried together, or we can have a crinoidal limestone, where much of the rock is made up from crinoid remains or an oyster bed containing largely fossil oysters etc. 

• I found this Informative 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Maybe Calcium Carbonate...

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

The common name for a rock with a lot of animal pieces is typically a "hash plate", but they are also referred to as death or mortality plates.

• I found this Informative 2

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Or maybe coquina if it’s not quite limestone.

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason