Possible prints

Malone

Some stuff I found today wondering if they might be possible footprints? I will load pictures one at a time due to file limit.

IMG_3855.JPG

I can't think of anything that would leave footprints like this except a prehistoric skiier. :P 

• I found this Informative 5

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

1 minute ago, Kane said:

I can't think of anything that would leave footprints like this except a prehistoric skiier. :P 

Lol. I was thinking rabbit ears 

IMG_3846.JPG

5 minutes ago, Malone said:

IMG_3846.JPG

????

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I am having no luck with posting the pictures. Even when I crop them as much as possible they won't load. I will try taking some more in the daylight tomorrow. The last picture really has some interesting aspects that I will try to highlight. I also found a piece of limestone with strange coloration. 

IMG_3860.JPG

I forgot the descriptive information. Found in a debris pile from the rock canyon anticline area, west of Pueblo. First piece is approximately 28/30 inches long. The second piece is 14/16 inches long. The third piece ( dark spot in the central area) approximately 8".

7 hours ago, Malone said:

I forgot the descriptive information. Found in a debris pile from the rock canyon anticline area, west of Pueblo. First piece is approximately 28/30 inches long. The second piece is 14/16 inches long. The third piece ( dark spot in the central area) approximately 8".

The first two pieces look like suggestive weathering of the rock

And the dark spot in the last one is because of a higher moisture content than the surrounding rock, and the round shape is from the way the rock fractured

9 minutes ago, Phevo said:

The first two pieces look like suggestive weathering of the rock

And the dark spot in the last one is because of a higher moisture content than the surrounding rock, and the round shape is from the way the rock fractured

Thank you!

Just a question about the moisture content. Why would the central portion stay or remain wetter than the surrounding rock? This was exposed not freshly cracked.

55 minutes ago, Malone said:

Just a question about the moisture content. Why would the central portion stay or remain wetter than the surrounding rock? This was exposed not freshly cracked.

It's less exposed to drying from primarily ventilation and heat

20 minutes ago, Phevo said:

20 minutes ago, Phevo said:

There an abundance of fractured limestone in this area but none with the same coloration. Would this be a mineral deposit of sorts or just a litho logical (sp?) occurrence? The coloration seems to radiate uniformly from the dark area.

The fragments surrounding this make it a little hard to see the uniform radiation. I moved some pieces to take the picture.

This is another picture of the aforementioned piece in somewhat low light to try and limit the file siIMG_3876.thumb.JPG.4d4e4d4a59880e7cd491fe294640370b.JPG

9 hours ago, Malone said:

image.png.4a15e0df49e36f1b4e051f41785a1fb8.png

I was referring to this area (dark spot in third picture)

Can't really make out what is on the closeup picture

10 hours ago, Malone said:

IMG_3846.JPG

This one might be non-biologic in origin, but judging by the first image of this in situ, the shape is strongly reminiscent of oyster shell impressions (particularly the lower left two). On the other hand, if that were a possibility, the way they have been lined up might be too conspicuous - and thus may put it back in the non-biologic camp. :headscratch:

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

25 minutes ago, Phevo said:

I was referring to this area (dark spot in third picture)

Can't really make out what is on the closeup picture

It's a piece from the perimeter where the coloration ends.

Theee are some strange cup like formations in a pocket in this piece. I have taken a picture of one from a couple angles 

IMG_3926.JPG

IMG_3929.JPG

These are all geological, in my opinion.
The second one might be ferruginous concretion with differential erosion.

5aae7b20893c6_concentricironstoneconcretions.thumb.jpg.dc8d15b5d8a27be5774249eb8447ffa0.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

I think the first might be weathered gouges from the quarrying process.

~tracks.png

• I found this Informative 1

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

10 minutes ago, Auspex said:

I think the first might be weathered gouges from the quarrying process.

~tracks.png

Any suggestions on how to confirm whether it's erosion or caused by implements. The marks should be parallel with minimal deviation if made by teeth from an excavator bucket Would be my thought process. I am unfamiliar with qaurrying processes. I am guessing it was done with a skid steer, front loader, or backhoe. 

What are the properties of this material (first 2 photos)? Does it seem like it would erode easily?

"Journey through a universe ablaze with changes" Phil Ochs

59 minutes ago, abyssunder said:

These are all geological, in my opinion.
The second one might be ferruginous concretion with differential erosion.

5aae7b20893c6_concentricironstoneconcretions.thumb.jpg.dc8d15b5d8a27be5774249eb8447ffa0.jpg

I think you might have nailed this one. I still have some curiosity because of the massive variations of this piece. There's so many variations When I take a high definition picture of even a small section the file is too large to load. There is also a large variety of physical structures. It's similar to the multitudes of concretions in the area that usually formed around pieces of inoceramus shells or indiscernible fossil remains.