Ohioan Placoderms?

FossilSniper

I have heard about placoderms being uncovered from the Devonian of Ohio, but am unable to find any references to specific placoderm fossil specimens and where they are in Ohio.
Can someone please shed some light for me on the subject? (I'm looking for ones just from the Ohio area :) )

I consider placoderms awesome! Thanks a ton!

Image result for placoderms ohio

You might find a few of these interesting:

Boylan, J.C. and P.A. Murphy (1978). The Ventral Armor and Feeding Biomechanics of Glyptaspis verrucosa Newberry, a Placoderm from the Fammenian Cleveland Shale. American Museum Novitates, Number 2655.

Carr, R.K.(1996). Stenosteus angustopectus sp.nov. from the Cleveland Shale (Famennian) of Northern Ohio with a Review of Selenosteid (Placodermi) Systematics. Kirtlandia, Number 49.

Carr, R.K. (1994). A Redescription of Gymnotrachelus (Placodermi: Arthrodira) from the Cleveland Shale (Famennian) of Northern Ohio, U.S.A.. Kirtlandia, Number 48.

Carr, R.K.(1991). Reanalysis of Heintzichthys gouldii (Newberry), an aspinothoracid arthrodire (Placodermi) from the Famennian of northern Ohio, with a review of brachythoracid systematics. Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society, 103.

In addition, here is a LINK to the section on Placodermi and Acanthodii in my pdf library here on The Fossil Forum.  There are links to quite a few articles regarding placoderms in areas close to Ohio as well as to other more general articles about this fascinating class of fishes.

-Joe

• I found this Informative 3

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

9 hours ago, FossilSniper said:

I have heard about placoderms being uncovered from the Devonian of Ohio, but am unable to find any references to specific placoderm fossil specimens and where they are in Ohio.
Can someone please shed some light for me on the subject? (I'm looking for ones just from the Ohio area :) )

I consider placoderms awesome! Thanks a ton!

There are displays of Devonian placoderms and sharks at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History.

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain