Manchurochelys turtle

Are these two specimens of Manchurochelys genuine?  They are from Liaoning, China.

A2CAA7E5-F7D2-496E-AA17-A3D9199F30A7.png

07CB1683-9A83-4A1C-855C-B3CF03ACE1A0.png

Seem to be (mostly) genuine, but might be different species. Apart from the fact that the upper turtle is a juvenile, the sutures look different somehow.

• I found this Informative 2

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

19 hours ago, oilshale said:

Seem to be (mostly) genuine, but might be different species. Apart from the fact that the upper turtle is a juvenile, the sutures look different somehow.

Does this part look like it is a composite fossil?  And while the carapace looks real, what about the legs and tails?

I don't see any suspicious parts, but it's hard to tell from a foto. The carapace and the sutures of the 2nd turtle are not clearly visible. The nuchal scute might have been repaired.

• I found this Informative 1

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

Would be interesting to see these close up with my opti-visor.  they both look purty good in these photo's.

RB

In fact there is a great misconception here, since both turtles are of the same species, that is, Manchurochelys, including the matrix rock is quite similar to that of my turtle:

image.png.a31bcfef2f9aab5c6e8dbad9fb836112.png

Although their two turtles are infinitely in better condition! :blink:

But yes, judging only just by these two photos, they seem to be 100% authentic, but the only detail is that the second turtle is upside down!

image.png.5656aad7a2bd78300b2c71b4316400fd.png

image.png.bb4d483f207648bb880570fb86473f61.png

And this fact further contributes to 100% originality, since no one in their right mind would fake a turtle upside down!

Congratulations, my dear friend Crazihen!

Wonderful, amazing, valuable and beautiful specimens! :D

Little note: When I grow up, I would very much like to have one of these turtles in my collection! :wub:

Little note: When I grow up, I would very much like to have one of these turtles so well preserved in my collection!

image.png.a3986140ed0a628ce4bac6a4119dabda.png

• I found this Informative 3

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

17 minutes ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

In fact there is a great misconception here, since both turtles are of the same species, that is, Manchurochelys, including the matrix rock is quite similar to that of my turtle:

image.png.a31bcfef2f9aab5c6e8dbad9fb836112.png

Although their two turtles are infinitely in better condition! :blink:

But yes, judging only just by these two photos, they seem to be 100% authentic, but the only detail is that the second turtle is upside down!

image.png.5656aad7a2bd78300b2c71b4316400fd.png

image.png.bb4d483f207648bb880570fb86473f61.png

And this fact further contributes to 100% originality, since no one in their right mind would fake a turtle upside down!

Congratulations, my dear friend Crazihen!

Wonderful, amazing, valuable and beautiful specimens! :D

Seguidora-de-Isis, my good friend, you have such a keen eye!  Yes, now I can see the differences.  Thank you so much for the detailed analysis and photos, that helps much to explain it.  I very much hope that they are genuine as I like turtles very much.

• I found this Informative 1