Finally made a nice set of Sifters!

SerratedTeeth

So I am planning to take a trip to GMR this coming Saturday with my brother and we didn't have any sifters to take. We went to Lowe's and bought some 1 inch PVC pipe, 1 inch corners, and 1/4 inch wire cloth to make them. I thought we had bought enough 1 inch piping to make a set of two, but it turns out I'm not the best guestimator... I had some 2 x 2 wooden boards and used those to make the second sifter. They are 24" x 16" in size and seem like they are pretty sturdy and lightweight enough to carry for a while if need be. I also saw some other builds that added pool floats to the sides to they could be dragged through the water without carrying so we added those as well. All in all I'm pretty happy and cant wait to give them a test run at GMR this weekend!

IMG_7578.JPG

@Wolf52893 some awesome stuff! I posted under the Fossil Hunting Trips section of TFF. Go check it out! Found over 900 teeth.

23 minutes ago, SerratedTeeth said:

@Wolf52893 some awesome stuff! I posted under the Fossil Hunting Trips section of TFF. Go check it out! Found over 900 teeth.

900! holy cow! how long did that take you? I'm hoping to go this summer, I hope i can get that many

5 minutes ago, Wolf52893 said:

900! holy cow! how long did that take you? I'm hoping to go this summer, I hope i can get that many

About 5 hours of hunting and sifting.

• I found this Informative 1

Just now, SerratedTeeth said:

About 5 hours of hunting and sifting.

Not too bad, I don't suppose you could reveal which part you were sifting in?:ptero:

Just now, Wolf52893 said:

Not too bad, I don't suppose you could reveal which part you were sifting in?:ptero:

We honestly just walked the entire creek looking for gravel beds. We would stop and sift at one for a while and then move on to the next.