June 2017 trip Canadian dinosaur park formation

MedicineHat

@caldigger Thanks for the info :)

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

1 hour ago, MedicineHat said:

Is the large ungual ceratopsian?

Does need cleaning but thats what I see

• I found this Informative 1

9 hours ago, Troodon said:

So I've done both for tons of years so who should envious of? :D 

Mazon creek hunters;)

I do quite like the Cliffs though. I also like the other formations of Maryland, however underrated they are.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

19 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Mazon creek hunters;)

I do quite like the Cliffs though. I also like the other formations of Maryland, however underrated they are.

Yes Mazon Creek

Love the cliffs but I did a bit of collecting in Bowie the Severn Formation.  It was hard work, hot and dirty, unlike the cliffs but the finds were very cool from Mosasaur teeth to all sorts of interesting Shark teeth.   Definitely underrated.

11 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Love the cliffs but I did a bit of collecting in Bowie the Severn Formation.  It was hard work, hot and dirty, unlike the cliffs but the finds were very cool from Mosasaur teeth to all sorts of interesting Shark teeth.   Definitely underrated.

Most of my non-cliff hunting in MD has been Paleozoic, but I wish I could do more in the Cretaceous. I’m afraid it’s just not really possible any more. I’ve only ever seen one MD Mosasaur tooth picture, and I always thought how cool it was they were on my home turf. Maybe someday I’ll get the opportunity to find one:fingerscrossed:

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

On 16/06/2018 at 11:50 AM, Troodon said:

Does need cleaning but thats what I see

It has a lot of ironstone cemented to it. I wish I had more experience in cleaning these up. I'm not sure if it will even come off. It's a pretty brittle peice.