LordTrilobite

My Woolly Rhino 2018

Bobby Rico

Fantastic. really an astonishing project thank you for showing us. I don’t think I would have the room for a woolly rhino in my little house. :wub: :wub: :wub: wow 

LordTrilobite

Thanks! And well, I kinda don't have room for it :P Which is why I leave it in lots of boxes in my parents house most of the time.

JimB88

Awesome! Its grown since last time! Where did you acquire the skull cast from, if you dont mind me asking? 

LordTrilobite

I got that skull replica as a present. Don't remember if it was christmas or another birthday.

WhodamanHD

An ambitious task, but you have done very well! Nice job!

FossilsAnonymous

That's pretty cool. Are you going to keep it in boxes or assemble it like a museum? Because even though it's a little on the large side it is pretty complete. So cool to see this

fossilized6s

Very nice! 

Fruitbat

VERY nice!  Coelodonta antiquitatis was an impressive beast!  You have done well to amass such a collection.

-Joe

Troodon

Looking good, excellent project to work on and probably not many in private collections.  Are there shows you can attend to pick up the missing items?

Nimravis

That is really nice, I really like Woolly Rhinos. 

LordTrilobite
6 hours ago, Troodon said:

Looking good, excellent project to work on and probably not many in private collections.  Are there shows you can attend to pick up the missing items?

Not really, I get everything locally here in the Netherlands. This most recent batch of bones I got from the guy from www.northseafossils.com

Welsh Wizard

That’s fantastic. It’s getting to the point where you can get a frame made to display it in a lifelike position.

Thanks for showing. 

LiamL

This is awesome!

digit

A very cool project and we anxiously await its completion someday.

Cheers.

-Ken

ynot

Looks like a very ambitious project.

You seem to be well on the way to completion too!

Good fortunes in finding the rest.

siteseer
On July 6, 2018 at 3:32 PM, LordTrilobite said:

Thanks! And well, I kinda don't have room for it :P Which is why I leave it in lots of boxes in my parents house most of the time.

Lord Trilobite,

I remember your posts and have wondered if you had made any progress recently.  I have given myself a similar side project, assembling a composite skeleton of Allodesmus, an extinct relative of the sea lion (all remains from the Sharktooth Hill Bonebed).  I don't have a skull nor even a replica, hardly any vertebrae, only rib fragments, but many limb elements and teeth.  I understand the challenge of not only finding the missing bones but also ones that are good fits with what you already have and I certainly salute what you have achieved so far.

Jess

Meatasaurus93

Excellent progress on this project! I don't post/log in too much, but I've browsed the site for years and remember seeing this in the early stages. Do you plan on constructing a mount for it some day?

LordTrilobite

Thanks for the comments everyone!

On 7/11/2018 at 9:49 AM, Meatasaurus93 said:

Excellent progress on this project! I don't post/log in too much, but I've browsed the site for years and remember seeing this in the early stages. Do you plan on constructing a mount for it some day?

I don't have a plan at the moment, nor do I have the space for a mounted woolly rhino. :ighappy:

I'll worry about space later I guess :P