Baddadcp

This has the same microscope views as the previous one..

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

The same as your other post, I think, colonial rugosa in a nodule. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

1 minute ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

The same as your other post, I think, colonial rugosa in a nodule. 

Would be strange in a freshwater Cretaceous deposit...

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 minute ago, WhodamanHD said:

Would be strange in a freshwater Cretaceous deposit...

In a nodule like that. 

Maybe a derived fossil. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

3 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

In a nodule like that. 

Maybe a derived fossil. 

Definitely possible ( @EMP has found Cambrian fossils in Cretaceous sites) but this stone looks potomac group to me. 

I think we must at at least consider the possibility this could be bone, perhaps hailing from a dinosaur. @Troodon can you tell if this looks like dinosaur bone structure?

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 minute ago, WhodamanHD said:

Definitely possible ( @EMP has found Cambrian fossils in Cretaceous sites) but this stone looks potomac group to me. 

I think we must at at least consider the possibility this could be bone, perhaps hailing from a dinosaur. @Troodon can you tell if this looks like dinosaur bone structure?

Could be bone, yup.

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

13 minutes ago, GeschWhat said:

You have some really odd preservation out there. :popcorn:

I am at a loss. But you have seen other "things" that don't fit in the round hole. Frustrating and amusing at the same time. Just wait for the next one.

• I found this Informative 1

18 minutes ago, GeschWhat said:

You have some really odd preservation out there. :popcorn:

Look up propanoplosaurus, then you will see some real Potomac group funky preservation!

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 hour ago, daves64 said:

This has the same microscope views as the previous one..

My bad, you are correct. Lemme see if I can find the second for this piece. These are the two for this piece. Less of a cell like structure than the other. Hard to see in thumbnails.

specimen 2 close.jpg

specimen 2close2.jpg

58 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Does not look like bone to me, no dino vibes at least.:(

1 minute ago, Troodon said:

Any ideas as to what it could be?

Happy hunting,

Mason

20 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

Look up propanoplosaurus, then you will see some real Potomac group funky preservation!

Is this what you were referring to? All I can say is this material is way more fascinating than I even imagined. Talk about having to think outside the box...WOW! :headscratch:

From here.

propanoplosaurus-with-sketch-large.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

10 minutes ago, GeschWhat said:

Is this what you were referring to? All I can say is this material is way more fascinating than I even imagined. Talk about having to think outside the box...WOW! 

Yeah, found by Ray Stanford and on display at the smithsonian along with a print or two. Little beauty, but strange!

Happy hunting,

Mason

2 hours ago, Troodon said:

Fair enough. Is it keying to anything else, or just some material you aren't familiar with? No disrespect intended. The serious cell like structure made me think flora, but as a whole......

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:11 AM, WhodamanHD said:

I agree, it's possible, I've found some more worm burrows from the Antietam Sandstone and a brachiopod from the Hamilton Group at the Cretaceous sites, but this one looks like Potomac Group rock. 

Maybe it's part of a Cycadeioidea sp.? Those are a common fossil from the unit. 

Image result for cycadeoidea

On 8/18/2018 at 4:51 PM, Troodon said:

Sometimes photos are not the best way to see a specimen.  

Perhaps, but photos can be entertaining. I am leaning towards cycadea on gp because of the other larger specimens I have. Let me post these for reference. Same piece.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image6.jpg

Image10.jpg

Image11.jpg

On 8/18/2018 at 5:26 PM, GeschWhat said:

Is this what you were referring to? All I can say is this material is way more fascinating than I even imagined. Talk about having to think outside the box...WOW! :headscratch:

From here.

propanoplosaurus-with-sketch-large.jpg

I hadn't seen this before but if I had found it I would have dismissed it as pareidolia...