Sharktoothmike

Was poking around a spot I've been to a couple times, have found some meg fragments, great white teeth, etc, when I happened to find what I thought was a brick then immediately knew it was a vert. Please help!

20180903_151235.jpg

Thanks ynot. I had a suspicion that it was. Pretty sweet find for just poking around in a Creek in Summerville!

• I found this Informative 1

4 minutes ago, Sharktoothmike said:

Thanks ynot. I had a suspicion that it was. Pretty sweet find for just poking around in a Creek in Summerville!

Yes it is!

Can We see pictures of the shark teeth You found there?

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Very cool.  We have a 2001 2500 Cummins with over 500,000 miles and a 1500 2014 diesel just about to turn over 100,000.

LOVE THEM!

Great vert too.  I have a friend in Hartsville S.C.  I may visit so knowing where to fossil hunt is a plus!

I made the mistake of bringing a friend with a sharp eye and she found them! Hahaha anyways I find lots of fragments and smaller teeth there. Fingers crossed that I find a big complete meg there!

Attach19439_20180818_151318.jpg

Howdy @Sharktoothmike! Hope you come downtown sometime and check out my museum - the Mace Brown Museum of Natural History, a free local museum with lots of paleontology exhibits focusing on the paleontology of the southeastern USA - on College of Charleston campus.

• 1 year later...
17 hours ago, grahamguti said:

What creek?

It doesn't matter. The entire area around Charleston and Summerville has fossils both in the creeks and on dry land. Start looking around and you'll start finding them. Just make sure you're not going where you shouldn't be. That said, try any dirt roads, ditches, roadcuts or other areas that aren't covered in dense vegetation. Many fossils are also found on the ocean beaches in the area.

• I found this Informative 2

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!