Anomalocaris?

Still_human

Is this an anomalocaris appendage? It was labeled as resembling an anomalocaris appendage, but Ive never seen one that looked like this, and I feel like Ive seen something else similar to this before.

*wheeler shale, Utah.

IMG_8455.PNG

IMG_8456.PNG

• I found this Informative 1

Looks very much like one to me

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

If it is, go for it - I don't know of much anomalocaridid material available for sale... That'd be amazing, though :D

-Christian

Opalised fossils are the best: a wonderful mix between paleontology and mineralogy!

Q. Where do dinosaurs study?

A. At Khaan Academy!...

My ResearchGate profile

44 minutes ago, The Amateur Paleontologist said:

If it is, go for it - I don't know of much anomalocaridid material available for sale... That'd be amazing, though :D

-Christian

Oh, it's not for sale right now, I was just wondering about it. It looks too feathery to me, so I didn't think it was the common 'caris, whatever that species is, or one of the other more common types, cause i know what their appendages look like, but I know there's also filter feeding species, and close relatives, so I could definitely see it being one of those.

Definitely an anomalocaridid (yeah, that's the correct spelling) appendage. Several species are known from the Wheeler, but none of them are very well defined.

“When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.” - Jack Handy

2 hours ago, John said:

Definitely an anomalocaridid (yeah, that's the correct spelling) appendage. Several species are known from the Wheeler, but none of them are very well defined.

Thanks man:)