I need help to identify these fossils

Sauroniops

Okay, so I have a couple of fossils in my collection, in which I'd like some more opinions on.

First, I bought this un-identified dinosaur chevron bone.

It is from the Kem Kem beds, Morocco.

SiNI17g.jpg

IxdfMg7.jpg

And then there's this tooth I bought from a store in Germany. It was described as a "Carnivorous dinosaur" from Hell Creek Formation. I would suspect that this is some sort of Tyrannosaur, but not sure which one, also because the serrations at very damaged, and the ones that are left, are hard to get a proper photo of.

AesE92v.jpg

fFHeZWH.jpg

ylHyHvI.jpg9f3yJal.jpg

This one was bought from everyone's favorite auction-site, hehe. It said T-rex, but I think it's probably a Nanotyrannus. I could be wrong though, it's from Judith River Formation.

sJA7dTJ.jpg

dSwOIdE.jpg

NcC2Hl4.jpg

If it is from the hell creek formation I would say the 1st tooth is likely a very beaten up T. rex tooth and the second is either from daspletosaurus or gorgosaurus if it's from Judith River although they are difficult to distinguish from one another.

• I found this Informative 2

2 hours ago, PaleoNoel said:

If it is from the hell creek formation I would say the 1st tooth is likely a very beaten up T. rex tooth and the second is either from daspletosaurus or gorgosaurus if it's from Judith River although they are difficult to distinguish from one another.

Yea, generally I find it hard sometimes to distinguish between the North American tyrannosaur teeth. The one from hell creek is definitely from a big one, but haven't other big tyrannosaurs also been found in the formation? And about the small tyrannosaurus tooth from Judith River, I hadn't thought of it to be daspleto or gorgo, this could be interesting. 

Hell Creek is 10 million years younger than Judith river, it has only Tyrannosaurus rex (and Nanotyrannus, if you consider it valid). Judith river and Two Medicine formations have Daspletosaurus and Gorgosaurus and it is impossible to differentiate between the two based on teeth alone, so it is Tyrannosauridae indet.

• I found this Informative 1

The Tooth Fairy

4 hours ago, Anomotodon said:

Hell Creek is 10 million years younger than Judith river, it has only Tyrannosaurus rex (and Nanotyrannus, if you consider it valid). Judith river and Two Medicine formations have Daspletosaurus and Gorgosaurus and it is impossible to differentiate between the two based on teeth alone, so it is Tyrannosauridae indet.

Okay, so judging by that, as well as the size of the tooth, would you say the Hell Creek one is almost without doubt T-rex? Unless it's a normal thing for a Nanotyrannus to have teeth growing over 6 cm in length? (I've never seen any Nanotyrannus tooth over 4 cm myself) 

11 hours ago, Sauroniops said:

Okay, so judging by that, as well as the size of the tooth, would you say the Hell Creek one is almost without doubt T-rex? Unless it's a normal thing for a Nanotyrannus to have teeth growing over 6 cm in length? (I've never seen any Nanotyrannus tooth over 4 cm myself) 

Nano teeth can get quite large (though not close to what is considered large for T. rex ), and there are certain features attributed to Nano teeth which can help you differentiate for example they are generally more blade like than the blunter rex tooth and the nano tooth also can have a cross section which looks pinched in the middle while that feature isn't seen in rex. I could be over generalizing here but that's just what I remember and think of when looking at their teeth.

• I found this Informative 1

1 minute ago, PaleoNoel said:

Nano teeth can get quite large (though not close to what is considered large for T. rex ), and there are certain features attributed to Nano teeth which can help you differentiate for example they are generally more blade like than the blunter rex tooth and the nano tooth also can have a cross section which looks pinched in the middle while that feature isn't seen in rex. I could be over generalizing here but that's just what I remember and think of when looking at their teeth.

Can you show me an example of one of those pinced cross sections? :)

I don't have a good nano tooth which displays that, I'll link to Troodon's post on the subject